Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
facebook-instagram2-5210363.jpg

Today Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook would agree to buy out Instagram for 1 Billion, Instagram is a popular online database to share photos along with edited photos, what has made it popular is the usage by iOS users and also just recently android users have access to the app

In Mark's post of the agreement Instagram wont be just integrated into Facebook but to promote the brand it still will be a separate entity

We believe these are different experiences that complement each other. But in order to do this well, we need to be mindful about keeping and building on Instagram's strengths and features rather than just trying to integrate everything into Facebook.

That's why we're committed to building and growing Instagram independently. Millions of people around the world love the Instagram app and the brand associated with it, and our goal is to help spread this app and brand to even more people.
Will you guys now stop using Instagram for your photo uploads I myself have never used it
icon11.gif
Facebook Mark Zuckerberg's Post
https://www.facebook...100318398827991

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of this before, but I hope that doesn't mean I'm forced to use it instead of the current photo gallery we have now for Facebook. I really hate how it's now kind of confusing sometimes when I'm trying to look for a simple feature such as setting an album cover, because of how hidden it was.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
for what it's worth, Instagram was a pretty good app that offers instant photo processing that previously only geeks who knew how to edit color curves and apply filters only know how to do. I like it, and so does millions of other people who knows nothing of professional photo-editing (and no, i'm not talking about adding animated glitters and blinking lights).

i see this as a good call. insanely priced though it may be.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never heard of this before, but I hope that doesn't mean I'm forced to use it instead of the current photo gallery we have now for Facebook. I really hate how it's now kind of confusing sometimes when I'm trying to look for a simple feature such as setting an album cover, because of how hidden it was.
Surprised you've never heard of it before if you use Facebook, it seems many people post their Instagram photos to Facebook already anyway (I think the app on iOS and now Android has functions for sharing photos direct to Facebook from the app). Anyway, it's a relatively new service (within the last year certainly) but it already has over 30 millions users. Bear in mind that until a couple of weeks ago it was a purely iOS exclusive experience, that's fairly impressive.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. My new dream is to built a website and hope it becomes so popular that Mark Suckerberg pays me for it.

You should check out my new website, Bookface, which sells book sleeves and covers at affordable prices.

I wonder if Zuckerberg will buy me out.

You need a status update function for it to be profitable.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Surprised you've never heard of it before if you use Facebook, it seems many people post their Instagram photos to Facebook already anyway (I think the app on iOS and now Android has functions for sharing photos direct to Facebook from the app). Anyway, it's a relatively new service (within the last year certainly) but it already has over 30 millions users. Bear in mind that until a couple of weeks ago it was a purely iOS exclusive experience, that's fairly impressive.

No one on my friend list have used it yet, but then again only a few of them (That I know of) are iphone users while a majority of them are androids. Like me, they all use facebook's photo uploader. The only times it's ever been outside facebook is when it's a linked image other sites like imageshack and tumblr.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Billion? With a "B"? For a site I've never heard of?

Alright, I admit, I'm jealous. Let it be known, creator of Instagram, that I curse you and whatever abode you call home (an artificial beach on a yacht would be my guess)!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1