• Start date
  • Views 4,074
  • Replies 35
D

Deleted User

OP
fable-family--article_image.jpg

QUOTE(http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wirestory?id=11946144&page=3) said:
"As we were working on the four characters that you could have a romance with in the game, we wondered why couldn't we expand the audience a little bit?" said Gaider. "We weren't creating characters so players could have gay romances. That's not really how our creative process works. If we were doing that, I think we would have gone about it a bit differently."

In the "Dragon Age" sequel set for release next year, instead of constructing a protagonist from scratch, gamers will play as Hawke, a human refugee who can be a male or female mage, rogue or warrior. Gaider declined to specify if Hawke could pursue the same sex off the battlefield but promised there will be "something for LGBT players to appreciate."

"Some LGBT players liked what we did in 'Origins,' and others didn't," said Gaider. "The only thing that would really disappoint them is to completely abandon it. We're not doing that. There's some things you don't want to fundamentally change. If we're being inclusive of any group of fans, we're not going to suddenly throw them out on the streets."

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this a RPG or The Sims? I don't think gay's really care for this.. *waits for response gay members*

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
kwartel said:
Is this a RPG or The Sims?Have you ever played Fable before?QUOTE(kwartel @ Oct 23 2010, 02:12 PM) I don't think gay's really care for this.. *waits for response gay members*
True but everyone is doing equal opportunities now.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can just imagine all the enraged moms that think that video games, aside from causing violence, war, and sex, will now support gays.

Video games are just becoming a scapegoat, aren't they?

D

Deleted User

OP
kwartel said:
Is this a RPG or The Sims? I don't think gay's really care for this.. *waits for response gay members*
I think it's brilliant! But then, I'm bi

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tigris said:
I think it's brilliant! But then, I'm bi

I think it's brilliant, and I'm straight. If a game allows you to do take on an in game romance, really it should let you pick any one relevant. I was rather pissed of with the Mass Effects because of that. It's okay to have some girl on girl action but not the other way around. They apparently had plans the other way but then pussied out. The only way I could really see it being a problem beyond the vocal minority who won't even play the game is if you had to take part in a gay in game relationship.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
well I guess it makes some people happy. although I don't understand why bein gay in a video game is fun.

reason for edit:

althought

is that enuough reason why?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ripandsip said:
well I guess it makes some people happy. although I don't understand why bein gay in a video game is fun.

reason for edit:

althought

is that enuough reason why?
It's for people that are gay/bi in real life, you know. If I were to play Fable III, as a straight male I'd play as a straight male.
tongue.gif
The original Fable had the option to marry men too, you know, I just never felt a desire to do it. (I had like five wives instead)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Because of your sexuality doesn't mean you have to be the same in the game.

Edit: If I had a choice in all games to be gay or straight, I would pick straight.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Heterosexual, I don't have an Xbox (and I'm not planning on getting one), but I think this is a great idea! Although, what happens if they get bullied for being homosexual in game, may be a problem, as I've seen alot of people get alot of hate, just for beating them in a game on the Xbox.(TheSandyRavage)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm bisexual, and I would get the game whether I was straight or gay. I love Fable, it's an awesome RPG series.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Because of your sexuality doesn't mean you have to be the same in the game.

It doesn't mean you have to be, but in a lot of games now the main character is meant to be a representation of you. Admittedly in a lot of them the sexuality of your character isn't an issue because nothing comes up which would be affected by it. In that case it would be a pointless bit of trying to tick all the political correctness check boxes.

QUOTEEdit: If I had a choice in all games to be gay or straight, I would pick straight.

I think the vast majority of people would too. And TBH giving you the choice on most games would not just be pointless, but probably detrimental to the experience. I think all would agree a gay James Bond, Mario, or out Duke Nukem would be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...