• Replies 35

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
let's hope those religious nutcases don't fear about this, don't want them at the local gamestop protesting
Oh yeah, that would be a problem.

I want to get this, but who knows how many freaking censors and removals they'd have to use to make it "friendly" to the public? Ugh.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
god damnit
1.) why are all the town criers gay in-game
2.) why do they fucking come on to me especially when my wife is there?!?!?!?

equal rights and all that
nayps3.gif
...why is there no :yay360:?!??!?!?!?!
ohnoes.png
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I... really don't see the point. It's just the same as saying "oh, we need to include people of every single ethnical group because we would otherwise come off as being a bunch of racists". Which is obviously bullshit. If the game's setting is so that those elements (in this case homersexuals) actually fit, I can accept it.

However, most of the times it looks (and, quite frankly, is) forced and incredibly stupid. Like now. I don't want gay romance in a GOD DAMN ARPG. Simple as that.

Sure, I can just ignore that type of romance and choose to be straight, as always, but it's really so damn unnecessary.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Overlord Nadrian said:
I... really don't see the point. It's just the same as saying "oh, we need to include people of every single ethnical group because we would otherwise come off as being a bunch of racists". Which is obviously bullshit. If the game's setting is so that those elements (in this case homersexuals) actually fit, I can accept it.

However, most of the times it looks (and, quite frankly, is) forced and incredibly stupid. Like now. I don't want gay romance in a GOD DAMN ARPG. Simple as that.

Sure, I can just ignore that type of romance and choose to be straight, as always, but it's really so damn unnecessary.
QUOTEethnic or ethnical (???n?k)

— adj
1. relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common
2. relating to the classification of mankind into groups, esp on the basis of racial characteristics
3. denoting or deriving from the cultural traditions of a group of people: the ethnic dances of Slovakia
4. characteristic of another culture: the ethnic look ; ethnic food
Homosexuals can be of any ethnicity, so I don't think "ethnical group" is the most fitting term.
Anyways, it isn't forced or anything so IMO, the more the merrier!
Oh and what if they made a GOD DAMN ARPG of Togainu no Chi or things like that? It'd have gay romance because of the plot...

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I didn't mean to include sexual preference in 'ethnical group', I meant to show my statement with a different example. I should've probably chosen a better wording, but whatever.

What the fuck is Togainu no Chi?
laugh.gif
Anyway, I think I can guess what it is, and that's why I posted "If the game's setting is so that those elements (in this case homersexuals) actually fit [implying: i.e. it's part of the story], I can accept it".

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who came up with this idea?

I mean it's cool but why would you even think of this?

Like how do you come to the conclusion that you should include gay people?

Do you just work on the game and then randomly the idea pops into your head?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't get the part that you quoted? Who is this gaider guy, and what does this have to do with Fable? The article talks about a sequel to Dragon Age ? Or did i miss something?

QUOTE said:
"As we were working on the four characters that you could have a romance with in the game, we wondered why couldn't we expand the audience a little bit?" said Gaider. "We weren't creating characters so players could have gay romances. That's not really how our creative process works. If we were doing that, I think we would have gone about it a bit differently."

In the "Dragon Age" sequel set for release next year, instead of constructing a protagonist from scratch, gamers will play as Hawke, a human refugee who can be a male or female mage, rogue or warrior. Gaider declined to specify if Hawke could pursue the same sex off the battlefield but promised there will be "something for LGBT players to appreciate."

"Some LGBT players liked what we did in 'Origins,' and others didn't," said Gaider. "The only thing that would really disappoint them is to completely abandon it. We're not doing that. There's some things you don't want to fundamentally change. If we're being inclusive of any group of fans, we're not going to suddenly throw them out on the streets."

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Goli said:
Oh and what if they made a GOD DAMN ARPG of Togainu no Chi or things like that? It'd have gay romance because of the plot...
They took the BL out of the animu, so if they did, they would take BL out of the game (QUALITY ARPG if they did though, obviously)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Yeah, but it still doesn't seem right. :l

That's terrible reasoning. Thing is that Fable encourage you to play as yourself and do the decisions you would do. And if you just so happen to be gay you couldn't do that in the previous games. Saying that it's "unnecessary" is just plain stupid. It may be unnecessary for a guy like you but if you're gay then you would think this is just quite necessary to play the way you would.

And if it is "unnecessary", why do you care? It's something you'll never cross. It's not like one of the missions involves being shoved in a room with another dude and having sex. It's a complete side distraction from the main quest. If anything they're further fleshing out the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)