Gaming F1 2009... any other racing fans out there?

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Great find Kokotoni, and thanks for making it your first post on GBAtemp. I'm not even going to wait for a NTSC release... I've been having great luck with PAL games since using I'm now using USB Loader GX (been playing Ashes 2009 and nSMBwii pal with no issues).

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that this morning, shame I had to leave for work, had about 15 mins left to download when i left, should be able to give it a go in a few hours when i get home.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
It's on my torrents site too, hopefully the scrubbed version appears soon and isn't too big!
My thoughts exactly
smile.gif
I stumbled upon it too on a torrent site that likes a bit of soup
smile.gif

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played a quick game or two, controls feel kinda twitchy (tho it was a wet race). Anyway I knocked up some quick box art since the full cover isn't available. Figured I would share:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, not really appealing to me. I don't find racing around a plain, oval track to be exciting (if that's what they do in F1). The Wii isn't all too strong for racers (I mean, you've got Mario Kart and NFS: Nitro and that's about it), so I don't really care. Maybe if I'm bored and have a HDD I'll play it. I still want to give Speed Zone a try first, even if it does seem kinda average.

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
As an F1 fan I'm personally impressed. It's a solid racing game for the Wii. It's a good balance between sim and arcade, which fits the 'limiting' Wii controls very well. Here's my full review (after 3-4 time trial sessions, and two 10% races) I posted in the 'new releases' topic...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=191...p;#entry2401801

It'll keep me happy and satisfied during the F1 season, and my the wait for the 'full simulation' version on Xbox 360.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it works with my neogamma r7, and I like the controls of it but only 1 gripe I am used to the ciruit display on the right side not the lower left so I find it off putting,

MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i personally think its a great game as a avid F1 fan (Button & Hamilton on the same team next year is gonna be hella interesting.)

i managed to pass the test for both BMW Sauber and Tori Rosa on my first lap lol
all being said that was with all helpers on such as predictive braking, steering assist etc

i've now turned them off and i managed to qualify 6th for my first GP of the season in Oz haha, doing a full race is gonna take some concentration, i have fuel usage and tire wear on so its actually quite realistic.

wish is was online enabled though
frown.gif

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my first gp I came last but I did have everything off, and it did fell turning the wiimote round those corners, 2nd lap was best 3rd I got cocky and span out some lol

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
reNppa said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
scrubbed version has been released: icon-f1-wii(compressed by luckylucas).torrent

1.49 gb almost finished downloading.
scrubbed means?

sry im new in here
rolleyes.gif

useless data taken out so only the game is left on the file...

also how is this game?

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
DjFIL said:
There is 2 player split screen. and i'm still really enjoying this game.
Yeah enjoying it too, came first in my first race but then last in the 2nd one! Do agree with an earlier comment tho that the steering feels twitchy. Its the only racing game ive ever played where its easier to play from within the cockpit, the default setting from behind the car causes me to oversteer all the time.
That being said i am using the nunchuk+wiimote combo, and ive never found the nunchuk thumbstick to be the best for precision playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol