F-Zero X is the next Switch Online N64 game, arrives on March 11

Shortly after the arrival of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Nintendo is adding yet another N64 game to their Nintendo Switch Online library for Expansion Pack subscribers. F-Zero X will be available starting March 11th, with online co-op.

Choose from 30 different hover-car racers, including updated versions of the Blue Falcon and other vehicles from the original F-Zero game, and get ready to hit the acceleration! Race to the finish line on tracks that twist and turn through the air. However, you will have to avoid the other 29 cars on the track or else face the consequences! If you’re in a competitive mood, try to win a Grand Prix Cup, get the fastest lap time in a Time Trial, or destroy the competition in a Death Race. You can also challenge three friends in the Versus mode. With five separate play modes, hidden vehicles and courses, and an excellent soundtrack, F-Zero X is a worthy racing title to return to!

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another one so quick? Maybe another at the end of the month (goldeneye...)
This isn't quick per se as this is one of the games that was announced to be coming when the NSO expansion was announced. This game along with all the other upcoming games they showed during the expansion announcement were either completed or close to, and they are just drip feeding them to give people something to look forward to per month until they run out of games and will need more time to get other N64 games (ex. just look at their Nintendo and Super Nintendo game announcements in recent time). Also, Goldeye is not one of the games that was shown to be upcoming, so if this game is coming, it will be a while before that happens.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This isn't quick per se as this is one of the games that was announced to be coming when the NSO expansion was announced. This game along with all the other upcoming games they showed during the expansion announcement were either completed or close to, and they are just drip feeding them to give people something to look forward to per month until they run out of games and will need more time to get other N64 games (ex. just look at their Nintendo and Super Nintendo game announcements in recent time). Also, Goldeye is not one of the games that was shown to be upcoming, so if this game is coming, it will be a while before that happens.
the games came out late in the month so far and f-zero is already coming 2 weeks after the last one, so yes, it is quicker than usual

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I don't think we'll get GoldenEye any time soon; last I heard, James Bond games are stuck in legal IP-ownership hell, with the Bond owners highly reluctant to show old Bonds.
Hell, wasn't there that Xbox Live port that got cancelled a year or so ago? I don't think a NSO version will be possible if that one didn't make it.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the games came out late in the month so far and f-zero is already coming 2 weeks after the last one, so yes, it is quicker than usual

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I don't think we'll get GoldenEye any time soon; last I heard, James Bond games are stuck in legal IP-ownership hell, with the Bond owners highly reluctant to show old Bonds.
Hell, wasn't there that Xbox Live port that got cancelled a year or so ago? I don't think a NSO version will be possible if that one didn't make it.
https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/fres...-007-is-coming-to-xbox-very-soon-1731094/?amp

Rumours say NSO will get the og and xbox will get the remaster

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always enjoyed this game since SNES but when Nintendo Switch is dead so will Nintendo Switch Online as well. They will unplug it and it is no longer working. Save your money if you are smarter. Not worth.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Play this one lots, friends. Maybe Ninitendo will re-release F-Zero GX.
Of course, not emulated, but recompiled.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modern Nintendo? What are you smoking? :P
I dunno, Mario Advance 4 on the Wii U included all the e-reader courses. Moves like that make me think it's within the realm of possibility. However the lack of any such mention in the trailer is indication enough that it's not happening.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
which has nothing to do with this...
Except that this does have something to do with this... The game most likely to have been completed already, and Nintendo just pick an arbitrary date in the month to add it to the service which just so happen to be 2 weeks after the previous game. The reason I am suggesting this is because Nintendo isn't that stupid to waste their resources working on one game at a time, but instead have several small teams working on different games at the same time. Not to mentioned it's been 5 months since NSO expansion was announced so each team should have plenty of time to finish their game.

Also, even if another N64 game is done within this month, we won't be seeing the game be announced/added until next month since they already announced F-Zero this month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr