F-Zero and Star Fox designer Takaya Imamura leaves Nintendo after 32 years of work

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,339
  • Replies 1
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
upload_2021-1-20_17-11-2.jpeg

Artist and Game designer Takaya Imamura announced in Social media that he left Nintendo after 32 years of employment.
He is planning to do freelance work in the future.
“Today is my last day coming to work.
“I took a selfie with the empty office building.
It feels pretty sad to think about not coming here anymore… Hats off to myself for 32 years of hard work!”
Imamura originally joined Nintendo in 1989 as a graphic artist.
His first project was F-Zero for the Snes.
Takaya Imamura designed the cars, the pilot racers and the comic that appeared in the game manual.
Afterwards he worked on Star Fox , where he handled non-polygonal graphics and character designs, including a few other titles.
He later became art director for the Nintendo 64 titles Star Fox 64, F-Zero X and The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask.
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask introduced one his more famous creations, the character of Tingle.
During the Gamecube era Imamura became the main producer or supervisor of various F-Zero and Star Fox titles developed by outside companies.
He became one of the main directors of the Nintendo EAD Group No.5, where he directed the Steel Diver series and Tank Troopers.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This sucks... R.I.P. Starfox and F-Zero. (Not like we've gotten any new F-Zero games since the Gamecube anyways...)

I hope he can make some derivative games that are spiritual successors "in the vein of", like the guy behind Bloodstained.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse