F(x)tec partners with XDA to announce new, privacy-focused Pro1-X smartphone

pro1.jpg

Earlier this year, we reviewed the F(x)tec Pro1, a rather unique smartphone that comes with a full-blown, sliding physical 64 key QWERTY keyboard. While great for productivity, it is also very much adapted for gaming, at least for the games and emulators that support its keyboard as input methods as noted in our official review. For its next phone, F(x)tec is still keeping those features but is this time laying emphasis on giving users control over their data, privacy and OS. Their Pro1-X, created in partnership with the mobile software development community XDA, was officially announced today.

It comes preloaded with Lineage OS, making it the world’s first consumer smartphone to run this OS out of the box. On top of offering a pure Android experience, LineageOS allows users to control exactly what data and information are shared with the apps and services that they use thanks to the added controls and privacy permissions. The device also supports Ubuntu Touch with additional OS support in development. The Pro1-X sports a 5.99 inch AMOLED display, a Snapdragon 835 processor and comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage (there's also a lower-priced 128GB model). Compared to the original Pro1, the major improvements on the specs with the Pro-1-X are the RAM and storage boost (and a different, Sapphire Blue color scheme). It can be considered as an incremental update as other specs such as the processor and cameras have been kept the same. So really, the focus is on the OS and giving more control to the user; and if that's something you care about (with the added benefit of hardware keys), you might want to consider this smartphone.

game.PNG

side.PNG back.PNG

F(x)tec's Pro1-X launches its Indiegogo campaign today, whose goal has nearly been reached as of writing. Super Early Bird for the 256GB go for $499 (sold out) while the 128GB fetches for an Early Bird price of $649 USD (21% off). There's also an option to have one before this Christmas (Pre-Christmas 128GB Pro1-X at $749 USD), while the regular ones are expected to ship in March 2021. If you want to have an idea regarding what to expect when it comes to gaming and functionality, be sure to check out our official review linked below as the Pro1-X will share similar performance to the original Pro1.

:arrow: F(x)tec Pro1-X Indiegogo campaign
:arrow: F(x)tec Pro1 Official GBAtemp Review

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry... It's running the 835? Isn't that.. what.. 4 years old at this point? Wasn't it also notorious for having heating issues? Or am I thinking the 820? It couldn't opt for the 765G instead? Well, I was interested... Was...

Also, that price... Big yikes.

Reactions: orangy57

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hopefully the day will come when we GBAtemp announce a new console partnership.

only thing it will not be the OUYA 2. thats for sure.
You're right, it'll be the OUYA 3. Third times the charm!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That’s pretty expensive for a mid range phone
It's barely even midrange.. The newer 765g is a midrange chip and beats this out easy. TCL is putting out a phone with the 765G at $400... and IT SUPPORTS 5G.. This "privacy focused" phone is an insult.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on this, about getting time for a new phone, and I'm so sick of the same shit that they all keep regurgitating year after year. Even something as simple as a slide out keyboard is more compelling to me than the latest upgrades Apple has given to the latest iPhone's camera or whatever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's okay, you shouldn't pay more than $150 for a cell phone. But the topic at hand is about a smartphone.

Seriously, why do we even call these things phones at all anymore? They're just pocket computers that just so happen to also be able to make and receive phone calls.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on this, about getting time for a new phone, and I'm so sick of the same shit that they all keep regurgitating year after year. Even something as simple as a slide out keyboard is more compelling to me than the latest upgrades Apple has given to the latest iPhone's camera or whatever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seriously, why do we even call these things phones at all anymore? They're just pocket computers that just so happen to also be able to make and receive phone calls.
Well, what else can make phone calls?

Reactions: DarkDengar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...