squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats cool, Alot more work than just soldering it in the 1st place! I love the idea of keeping it modular and being able to swap out mods without messing around inside the console
biggrin.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just looking at posting that over here.

How good does it look!

I suppose the only downfall is if a new mod comes out that either uses different solder points or if the mod doesn't attach to the DVD drive.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, if I were to do this mod (and I have no interest in it), then I would avoid cutting my Wii case altogether.

Disable Gamecube controller port #4 internally, and use a plug from an old or broken GC controller as the dongle...

gc-socket1.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Personally, if I were to do this mod (and I have no interest in it), then I would avoid cutting my Wii case altogether.

Disable Gamecube controller port #4 internally, and use a plug from an old or broken GC controller as the dongle...

gc-socket1.gif

Amazing, that's an even greater Idea !!
I never use more then 2 ports anyway....never used that 4th port in my life, not even on the cube....
That would be an elegant and cheap solution, totally undetectable !!

_zZz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would like to do something similar, but for gc controller you need to cut the traces. for the db9 thing, you need to cut the wii..

both options "ruin" your warranty... I prefer to solder and unsolder in a good way, and still be able to use the warranty

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am thinking of using RJ45s to connect the modchip to the board inside. Is there enough room? I haven't opened it up yet. What I mean is just take a network cable and cut it, wire one half to the chip and the other half to the mobo, then use an adapter (female to female) to connect them both. When I need to remove it, it should be easy, I would still need to open the Wii but at least I am not cutting the my precious precious chassis

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would like to do something similar, but for gc controller you need to cut the traces. for the db9 thing, you need to cut the wii..

both options "ruin" your warranty... I prefer to solder and unsolder in a good way, and still be able to use the warranty

Openning your Wii void the warranty :S

and as for the GC controller port... you could always do a Wavebird mod on the port and use the connector for the modchip...... so you'll still have 4 port... hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."