F*cked after dling an official demo or installing pops

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Ethanx94, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Ethanx94
    OP

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hiya, I downloaded a demo from the psp store for the fist time yesterday and the demo wouldn't boot.
    I tried booting cso/iso/umd games and they also wouldn't boot.

Earlier that day I had installed popsloader. So I thought either of those could've screwed it up however I tried disabling it, running a game, and it still didn't run (however my pops game will still run but probably because it's in a different mode). They go to the psp logo, give me a black or dim screen then turn off.

Do I need to reinstall my cfw? If I do will I need to run my old nand backup then upgrade or can I install right over the top of my current 5.00m33-6?

2. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You can boot from hellcats recovery flasher or reflash using an MMS and pandora battery.

3. Ethanx94
    OP

United States
    I have mms and pandora so reinstalling right over it is fine? I have ultimate vsh menu currently activated will I need to reinstall that afterwards or do I need to uninstall that first?
    Thanks for the help thus far.

4. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Reinstalling the CFW might fix it, I don't know what Ultimate VSH menu is, but if its in the flash, you'll have to reinstall it after.

5. Ethanx94
    OP

United States
    I reflashed and it didn't fix it. I guess something is wrong with my memory stick. I'll try to backup and reformat and see if that works.

Edit: I didn't get around to reformatting it but I enabled and disabled some random plugins and it finally boots some of my cso. Thanks everyone! I'll update if I run into anymore problems.