OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if moonshell was intended as a shell replacement for the EZV.

I know the EZV shell is based on moonshell, but the version I have is 1.41. I downloaded the latest moonshell & configured it & copied it over (moonshl folder + nds file) & ran the nds file - It seemed to work well.

So can I just delete my existing "shell" folder & rename the "moonshl" folder to "shell" & everything will work OK, or do I need to run the nds file (from within my current shell) as I have been doing ?

I know this probably seems like a trivial question..... I just want to get the most out of my cart.
smile.gif

TIA

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is based off moonshell yeah but a simple replace will not work, you might be able to build a new version as the source was released but I would not even consider it.

Have you grabbed the "unreleased" kernel yet either? it is quite a step up.

Riffman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is based off moonshell yeah but a simple replace will not work, you might be able to build a new version as the source was released but I would not even consider it.

I figured it'd be something like that, hence my question.

QUOTE said:
Have you grabbed the "unreleased" kernel yet either? it is quite a step up.

I don't think so. Being a n00b, I've tried to pretty much do it all on my own, so I've only gotten the (official) files from the download section here. I figured once I got a bit more confident I would start to experiment a bit more.

Cheers !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1