EZV Moonshell Question

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Riffman, Sep 13, 2007.

Sep 13, 2007

EZV Moonshell Question by Riffman at 7:50 AM (902 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if moonshell was intended as a shell replacement for the EZV.

I know the EZV shell is based on moonshell, but the version I have is 1.41. I downloaded the latest moonshell & configured it & copied it over (moonshl folder + nds file) & ran the nds file - It seemed to work well.

So can I just delete my existing "shell" folder & rename the "moonshl" folder to "shell" & everything will work OK, or do I need to run the nds file (from within my current shell) as I have been doing ?

I know this probably seems like a trivial question..... I just want to get the most out of my cart. [​IMG]

TIA

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is based off moonshell yeah but a simple replace will not work, you might be able to build a new version as the source was released but I would not even consider it.

Have you grabbed the "unreleased" kernel yet either? it is quite a step up.

3. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    I don't think so. Being a n00b, I've tried to pretty much do it all on my own, so I've only gotten the (official) files from the download section here. I figured once I got a bit more confident I would start to experiment a bit more.

Cheers !