EZV and 3in1: how it works?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by squonk, Jan 17, 2008.

Jan 17, 2008

EZV and 3in1: how it works? by squonk at 11:15 PM (1,136 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. squonk
    OP

Newcomer squonk Member

Italy
    I'm using an R4 with the EZ 3in1 expansion pack and the Rudolph tool.
    For a friend of mine I've bought an EZ V + 3in1. I don't know exactly the EZ V, so in these days I've read some wiki and guide.

Here is my question about launch GBA games.
    In the wiki I've found this:

Highlight 'ROM name.gba', and press A. This will start backing up the existing save-data from the Triple-pack to your EZ-Flash V. GBA save-game files are stored in \GBASAVE.
    Press A again. Wait about a minute for the ROM to be written to the Triple-pack.

My question is: can I chose where to put the game I want to play? With Rudolph tool I can chose if write the rom in PSRAM or NOR (except some games too large for PSRAM). Is not possible within the EZ V? The game is send to NOR always?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The EZ-V's built in 3-in-1 management only allows for writing GBA games to NOR. Third party software (like the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool) is required if you want to run games from PSRAM.

3. squonk
    OP

Newcomer squonk Member

Italy
    So, also with the EZV I must use the Rudolph tool?
    What the best tool to use with the EZV?
    I'm disappointed...

4. Graffix

Newcomer Graffix Member

United States
    I've heard good things about chickstudios' "NDStation", but I wouldn't really know the details, I'm still waiting for my 3in1 to come.