Hacking ezV and 3-in-1 pokemon help.

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you cant put ds games on the expansion pack, so you cant link them like that...
i dont know what format that save is in but you write it to the 3 in 1 by pressing L & X or L & Y (dont remember which one, sorry)

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should be able to link up. I'm pretty sure RTC wouldn't affect linkage compatibility. Just be sure you patch emerald using the Hybrid patcher first.

As for the save look for some sort of converter to .sav format.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPS (Shark Port 2 Save) files are created using the original Interact Game Shark for the GBA... In other words, what you see sitting on the shelves branded Action Replay today. You can use the file>import>battery file option in Visualboy Advance to use them there. I haven't messed w/ them in awhile, but I seem to recall that all I needed to do to "convert" them for use on my EZ2 was change the extension to .sav and rename it to the same name as the ROM image.

In the case of the EZ5: burn Emerald to the 3-in-1, start a game and then power down, restart your DS and write the 3-in1 save to your SD (R+X from the EZ5 menu), look in the GBASAVES folder on your SD for the Emerald save, rename the SPS file to that same name changing the SPS to SAV and write it over the SAV file on your SD, then write the new SAV file to the 3-in-1 (go to the GBASAVES folder highlight the SAV and press R+Y).

VBA SAV files work, so if the above doesn't, then import the SVS in to VBA and convert it w/ that.

shaffaaf27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thank you very much kidIce.

i imported the save into m vba, and exported as a batery file.

i tired the battery file on the vba, and it worked.

i then tried it firstly on my ez4lite, and when i put the gme on, with the save, and i started emerald, there was no option to continue the save, only to start a new game.

i powered down, and powered up, for the save to write, and then removed that save with the super save, and then it worked.

thanks....!

i am goign to get the 3-in01 soon, and so i no it will work. THANK YOU!

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RAM, have you tried the game linkage feature to make sure it works, because i might do the same thing u are doing, except with an R4 and 3-in-1.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im sorry but i havent got it yet. i will get it soon...but if the gba works withthe r4, then im sure it will work 99%

how about now? lol...
smile.gif

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would ask my cousin to try with atleast his original emerald and R4...but we cant even do that, cause if im not mistaken..u have to clear the game first to get to the place to be able to do gba link...

hopefully, by the time i get there, i will have the EZ 3-in-1.
smile.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, since its a problem with pokemon diamond and EZV, i'll just add on my question here if people dont mind

i'm a total noob to EZV, but I have used an R4 for months and can pretty much use the EZV without a problem. thing is, everytime i turn it off and back on, the EZV seems to clear all of pokemon's saves. anyone know the reason...?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
sorry, i figured out the problem earlier today. it seems i was trying to save in 64k, and that doesnt work. i got 4M to work, so i'm going to keep using that. how do we tell which do and dont work though? (apart from guess and checking?)

sorry, i kinda strayed from the topic. hopefully, that will answer someone else's question though

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
if i have pokemon pearl in the ezV and pokemon emerald in the 3-in-1, can they link up, like they can in the ez4lite?

Try the new EZ-V loader available from http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=3199

1. Modfied the saver backup method. only backup/write the saver when the rom changing.
2. Add the hotkey for manual backup saver. L+SELECT
3. Add the light adjustment hotkey. L+UP/DOWN
4. Modified the file size to MB/KB shortname.
5. EZ 3in1 card improve. support Pokemon migrate
6. Add the internal HYBRID mode in system setting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: My phone has 13% battery