EZV 3in1 rumble

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ConstyXIV, Apr 21, 2007.

Apr 21, 2007

EZV 3in1 rumble by ConstyXIV at 12:03 AM (1,005 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. ConstyXIV
    OP

Newcomer ConstyXIV Newbie

United States
    I've been intrested in buying the EZFlashV as opposed to the ridicously expensive (in comparison) m3Lite, since the expansion pak lets the ezflashv keep GBA compatibility. Since the expansion pak has rumble in it, I wanted to know if real (store-bought, original game card as opposed to running from the ezflashv) games would see and work with the rumble in the expansion pak, so I don't have to keep swapping expansion pak rumble pak for metroid, clubhouse, etc.

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Real copies of the DS browser, and other DS cards will not work with the 3-in1 pack. Only roms will.

3. ConstyXIV
    OP

United States
    So no rumble from real games? Damn. [​IMG]

4. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    You can use rumble with official games (on R4 anyway - thats the cart I have)

1. Patch the metroid prime pinball rom with the rumble for 3in1 patch

2. start the rom

3. Soft reset

4. Use nitro hax to boot your retail game.

I highly recommend the R4/3in1 combo. [​IMG]

5. ConstyXIV
    OP

United States
    Doesn't the R4's uSD card stick out of the top? I'm not really into things sticking off my DSl

6. nileyg

Member nileyg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No...

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You are incorrect, sir. The steps listed by arctic_flame will enable the 3-in-1's rumble feature for commercial game carts. You know, the only kind of cart that nitro hax will boot.

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Regardless that is a ridiculous method to use the 3-in-1 w/ retail carts. I mean, seriously, if you have to have it on your flash cart anyway what is the point... If it's so you can cheat, use Dipstar, as I suspect the above method will prevent you from using an Action Replay or Code Breaker. It it's to keep the saves you already have on your cart just use Rein or ETool. Not to mention Metroid Pinball will be the only game that you can use 3-in-1's rumble feature w/ as no other patches exist for other rumble enabled games, correct?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy that the 3-in-1 doesn't work w/ retail carts, but above described method is hardly a worth while alternative, IMO.

9. nileyg

Member nileyg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So... if you are already running NitroHax, couldnt you just run action replay codes through it?

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Nitro hax is basically a homebrew version of the Action Replay, and like the Action Replay it will only work on retail DS carts. I've never used it myself, but it looks like it's a lot more capable than dipstar. Dipstar won't work with retail carts anyway, unless you have a particular model of PassMe to plug the retail cart into.

I don't dissagree with you about the rumble feature. That seems like more trouble than rumble is worth, but if someone has a 3-in-1 and a retail cart that supports rumble, it may be better than nothing.

The eWin rumble pack is the way to go if you actually want working rumble.

edit: Currently, Metroid Pinball and EBA are the only games that have rumble patches, but rumble will work with any game if you load one of the patched roms, soft reset, then load any game that supports rumble.

11. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Exactly. You only need to patch one game for rumble, soft reset, and now any game(rom)/retail card can see the rumble pak

12. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    OK, I see. I remember reading about Nitro Hax, but since I don't have an R4 I didn't pay much attention to it, and from the description arctic flame gave to enable rumble I thought you needed a patch for each game and have a copy of each on your SD for any you wanted to use rumble w/. I think you can see why I thought that was pretty stupid, and why I couldn't see the logic behind why one would bother to do that (barring the two examples I gave). [​IMG] Given that, I guess it isn't as pointless as I thought... I'd still rather not have to do all that though.

The reason I suggested Dipstar over NitroHax wasn't because I think it to be superior (I haven't bothered to mess w/ Dipstar either), but because it works on the EZ5 w/ 3-in-1 and R4. [​IMG]