EZV 3-in-1 with clock

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Covarr, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009

EZV 3-in-1 with clock by Covarr at 8:05 PM (1,313 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Covarr
    OP

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    Is it possible, using a loader (similar to Exploader or something like that), to load a GBA game such as Pokémon, and then send the time from the DS's clock when booting the GBA game? As I understand, this is not currently done by any loaders, but is it a feasible feature to add?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Before you post by reflex, reread his post and think about what he's actually asking. How do the patched Pokemon games keep track of time? I'd assume that they save the current time in SRAM somewhere, right? Covarr is simply asking if GBA ExpLoader could be modified so that right before booting a patched Pokemon game, it updates just the right bytes in the game's *.sav file to change the stored time to the DS's internal time, both of which are accessible to a program running in DS mode like GBA ExpLoader is. Personally I don't see why this isn't possible, but it would require Rudolph to add the feature himself since I don't think he publishes the source code anywhere. Or perhaps cory1492 could add it to his program or something. The main setback would be figuring out just how the time data is formatted and stored, if it's compressed, etc.

Also I know Covarr already has an M3 Perfect. He's asking this to see if he can make playback on his 3in1 more convenient.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
  6. Covarr
    OP

United States
    The primary reason I'm asking is because even though the M3 Perfect has RTC, it can't link to a slot 1 card for Pal Park. As I said at a different forum, my goal here is to not have to move my save back and forth whenever I want to transfer Pokémon.

7. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Unfortunately, it will never happen.
    However, I believe the M3 Perfect has NDS-GBA linkage if you boot with a PassMe/NoPass/FlashMe?

8. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    the answer is slot1 specific by vendor.

The M3 team is backed by Divineo and Datel, so they know more about dumping and reading gba sav data without any intermediaries and can import directly to the slot1 game, specifically pokemon. Your going to be hard pressed to find a more generic similar ability anywhere else. The drawbacks of most designs are 1 way, and are what most people want anyways.

That should be a slightly more better answer.

9. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Have you tried using GBATA to patch the Pokemon roms? There's a Clock Fix option in there and I'm pretty sure it's for fixing the Pokemon games to use the DS internal clock. I could be wrong as I've never used it but it might be worth a shot.

10. Covarr
    OP

United States
    No, all that clock fix does is make the clock run whenever the game is running, as opposed to saying the battery is dry and having no clock at all. Basically, it only counts game time, not real time.

Also, it doesn't work with Emerald.