EZpass3 sometimes not booting

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by pelago, Aug 10, 2006.

Aug 10, 2006
  1. pelago
    OP

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    Has anyone else had any problems with their EZpass3? My one, which I received yesterday, sometimes boots my DS with G6 Lite into GBA mode instead of NDS mode, just as if the EZpass3 wasn't there at all. I thought at first I was holding down a button (if you hold B while EZpass3 boots, it goes into GBA mode I noticed), but I switched off and on definitely without holding any buttons and it again booted to GBA.

I ejected the EZpass3 and pushed it back in again and then switched on and it started working again (booted to NDS), but I'm worried there's a quality issue here. Any ideas?

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    That's strange. Have you checked for dust in your DS slot? Make sure no pins appear out of alignment too.
    And make sure the EZ Pass 3 golden finger contacts are clean.

Have you dropped your DS before?

3. pelago
    OP

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    I haven't dropped the DS, and my three original carts have never had any problems in the slot, so I think the slot is ok. I'll check the contacts on the EZpass3 (but it's brand new so shouldn't be dirty yet, should it?) and post again.

4. pelago
    OP

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    The EZpass3 contacts look clean. It's failed to boot into NDS mode 3 times now in two days, in each case I had to take out the EZpass3 and put it back in again. Hopefully I've just got a duff instance and they're not all dodgy.

Anyone know what Hopebuy are like at returns?

5. pelago
    OP

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    For the benefit of any potential EZpass3 users who find this thread: after the few problems I had with it in the first couple of days, since then it has been fine for the several days. Hopefully it was just an initial teething problem. I'm not impressed with Hopebuy, though, as they ignored my questions about whether they might replace it.

6. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well I've had my EZpass 3 for a while now, and have had no problems. I am impressed with the build quality and mine boots the EZ4 lite automatically. (setup in DS ?)

In fact it's so easy to use that I haven't even bothered to install flashme. Sleep mode works great. [​IMG]

Saying that if your EZpass 3 starts to "play" up, and not boot properly I think you should definitely consider installing flashme, as a precaution. (ie Whilst you still can!)

7. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    I said the same thing here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35726 [​IMG]