Hacking ezlash 4 games won`t load/play

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I think I followed all the steps but the games will not load/play. I formatted the minisd card, I updated the loader(ezfla-up.bin), used ez4 client to "send" games to card, using GBA SP, try to load game and I get as far as "processing", when it gets to 100% it goes to the GAME BOY start up screen and nothing further.
I tried a bunch of different games (zipped) and unzipped. No luck!
Am I missing a step???????

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your probably trying to load a game too large for PSRAM mode or your loading a game where you didn't patch the save type correctly.

You as a vauge noob never specified what game your trying to load. There are several ways you get the error you got, that is why nobody has yet to answer your question.

Go look up what save type your games are and SRAM patch any that use EEPROM with the EZ Client otherwise just load games to NOR if they are larger than 16MB.

lukands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
how_do_i_do_that said:
Your probably trying to load a game too large for PSRAM mode or your loading a game where you didn't patch the save type correctly.

You as a vauge noob never specified what game your trying to load. There are several ways you get the error you got, that is why nobody has yet to answer your question.

Go look up what save type your games are and SRAM patch any that use EEPROM with the EZ Client otherwise just load games to NOR if they are larger than 16MB.
Ok I will use 1 game I tried as an example Monster Jam Maximum Destruction, it shows the size as 7.50MB, the type is SRAM, I got the ADD SAVE PATCH AND RESET boxes checked. Then I SEND.
I assume I don`t have to worry about NOR.

Am I missing something on the root of the mini sd card, what files/folders should be there?

On the main menu (with rise lord vader) the steps I take are (1) click the top icon, this gives me "My GBA Starting the file Manager". (2) changes screens to list 1 folder "EZ-Disk" (3) next screen, 2 folders SAVER and below that the game, clicking the SAVER folder gives me an error, if I click the game it shows progressing up to 100% then it switches to the Game Boy main screen (with NINTENDO at the bottom all pixeled out)

lukands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
how_do_i_do_that said:
The patching might be interferring. try just putting the game directly on the miniSD.

If you still see Nintendo all pixeled out still, the rom might be dirty.
Tried it, didn`t help.

I tried a bunch of other games all from different sources. Still the same, just freezes at the Game Boy Screen with NINTENDO pixeled.

Could it be a bad minisd? OR even a bad flash cart.
Its getting harder to find minisd cards, the guy at the store just looks at you funny when you ask for a minisd card.

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having exactly the same problem - thought i would bump this. i once read a detailed post on exactly what to do to get this card working - wish i had bookmarked it cause it was really helpful. not sure if it was on this site or another.

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
abbadab said:
having exactly the same problem - thought i would bump this. i once read a detailed post on exactly what to do to get this card working - wish i had bookmarked it cause it was really helpful. not sure if it was on this site or another.

I'm using a microsd card, a minisd adapter and I'm using this version of the EZ Flash IV cart.

I used this thread to set my cart up without a hitch.

Link to the thread.

I used the files found on the official site here to set my cart up though since the links used in the thread mention above were out of date.

One thing it doesn't mention though it is best not to patch the reset function onto the roms.
Just turn it off and back on a couple seconds later if you want to change games.

Some games will not work I've found if you patch the cheats to them.

Only thing left that I'm working on is a couple games not saving.
Probable have the wrong save auto selected by the client or they need a patch.
I'll figure it out eventually and post back.
Edit: Using the SRAM Patcher in gbata fixs some games that don't save properly after the client patches them. Just remember to patch them again with the client.

If your still having problem afterwords post back with the most detail you can.

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW thanx man
smile.gif
I really appreciate the time u took to answer this! I got it working great... just one new thing
frown.gif
i really want to play Mother 3 on this. I got the Japanese rom, applied the english patch successfully, loaded it into NOR on the EZ4 and now i just get a blank screen.

I tried to erase the NOR memory which didnt work cause the rom is still in there. deleted the actual rom and sav files from the card and STILL its in NOR. Put the rom back on and tried to load to NOR but it says NOR is full
frown.gif

So, i cannot clear the NOR to try to load it again - any thoughts?

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you using the EZ Flash IV on a GBA or NDS? Try to test the rom on a GBA emulator to see if it's working properly. I did the same process as you described to play Mother 3 on the EZ IV so I know it works, maybe you overlooked some step or you cart or miniSD card might be broken/incompatible.

This worked for me:
2GB SanDisk miniSD
EZ Flash IV with 1.720 firmware
GBMicro

I use the EZ4 Client 1.03 to transfer the roms, default settings, sometimes it copies the roms to the card as ".gba", doesn't copy the name of the rom for some reason, Mother 3 is one of these games.

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm using EZ Flash IV on GBA SP (Pikachu) 2gb SanDisk miniSD w/ firmware 1.720
i used client 1.03
patcher said rom was patched correctly

tested on GBA visualboyadvance 1.7.2 emulator and it worked flawlessly

as far as the NOR issue goes- i hi-lited rom in NOR and

when i hit select - it says 'Delete Y/N' so i hit A for yes (i guess) and the screen goes into my saver folder.

when i hit start with the rom hi-lited it says 'Format Nor Flash Y/N' so i hit A and the screen also goes into my saved folder.

in both scenarios when i hit B to answer - it goes back to the main screen with the icons.

When i go to play the game in NOR it says 'WARNING Cheat err! Cont A Quit B' then goes to a white screen

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
abbadab said:
i'm using EZ Flash IV on GBA SP (Pikachu) 2gb SanDisk miniSD w/ firmware 1.720
i used client 1.03
patcher said rom was patched correctly

tested on GBA visualboyadvance 1.7.2 emulator and it worked flawlessly

as far as the NOR issue goes- i hi-lited rom in NOR and

when i hit select - it says 'Delete Y/N' so i hit A for yes (i guess) and the screen goes into my saver folder.

when i hit start with the rom hi-lited it says 'Format Nor Flash Y/N' so i hit A and the screen also goes into my saved folder.

in both scenarios when i hit B to answer - it goes back to the main screen with the icons.

When i go to play the game in NOR it says 'WARNING Cheat err! Cont A Quit B' then goes to a white screen

Can you leave the saver folder after deleting or formatting? If so have you tried another 32MB rom to load into the NOR?

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On my EZ Flash IV cart it doesn't go to the Saver folder, when I want to copy to NOR I highlight the game and press Select, then press A, it displays "Erasing... *Mb", then "Writing... *Mb", when it finishes writing it just closes the window and goes back to the ROM list, press B to go back to the root and it shows Mother 3.gba there under the "EZ-Disk" folder.

i6wbjp.jpg

When I want to erase the game from NOR I press Select again and press A, it erases instantly. Seems like there's something off with your cart, sorry can't be of much help, at least you can compare the behavior of your EZ cart with mine.

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of something for the problem this person is having.

How about deleting the saver folder after backing it up if need be.

It can't go somewhere that no longer exists. (Unless it were to create it which I'm pretty sure it can't.)

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant suggestion! i deleted the saver folder and was able to clear out the NOR, but now when i go to my mother3 rom and hit select, it writes it to nor but doesn;t show up in nor... it just never ends. Im not meant to play this game (and earthbound snes was my favorite game ever!!!)

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trans am said:
On my EZ Flash IV cart it doesn't go to the Saver folder, when I want to copy to NOR I highlight the game and press Select, then press A, it displays "Erasing... *Mb", then "Writing... *Mb", when it finishes writing it just closes the window and goes back to the ROM list, press B to go back to the root and it shows Mother 3.gba there under the "EZ-Disk" folder.

When I want to erase the game from NOR I press Select again and press A, it erases instantly. Seems like there's something off with your cart, sorry can't be of much help, at least you can compare the behavior of your EZ cart with mine.

when it finishes writing it just goes into my saver folder
frown.gif
i push B and it goes to my EZ-disk screen with no rom under it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: