EZFV Download Play?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by charleskimble, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007

EZFV Download Play? by charleskimble at 9:55 AM (653 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. charleskimble
    OP

Newcomer charleskimble Member

Canada
    Anyone have any test results for EZFV Download Play? In particular the Mario games? (Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, Mario 64)

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
  3. charleskimble
    OP

Canada
  4. charleskimble
    OP

Canada
  5. Destructobot

United States
    Your only choices for download play for those games are the DSX and the original carts.

I saw your other thread, you say your kids play those games the most, but you don't mention already having a flashcart. Do you (or your kids) own those games?

6. charleskimble
    OP

Canada
    Don't currently own the Mario games, been borrowing from friends or renting from the local video store. And I got no flashcart yet, hence this madness I am going through [​IMG]

7. charleskimble
    OP

Canada
    On another note though, is it true that if I flashed both of my DSLite systems, the Download Play would work? If this is true, can I flash my DSLite using an R4 + G6Lite?

8. Destructobot

United States
    I think you only need the recieving DS to be flashed. I've never flashed a DS or used a flashed DS, so you may not want to take my word for it.

As far as running flashme, I've seen people say they've flashed their DS with a G6. The only other thing you would need is a way to boot the G6 in DS mode, and the R4 will do that just fine.

If you plan on having both slot 1 & 2 carts in your DS you may not want to flash it. Flashme will automatically boot the slot 2 cart unless you hold a button (select, I think) while the system boots, ignoring the cart in slot 1. More of an annoyance than a real problem, but you will have to deal with it every time you turn the system on with both carts in it. If you only have one cart in the system at a time it won't make a difference.