ezflash V 3in1 and Pokemon Colosseum.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by glenn frog knigh, Oct 7, 2010.

Oct 7, 2010
  1. glenn frog knigh
    OP

Newcomer glenn frog knigh Newbie

United States
    I have an acekard 2.1 and an ezflash 3in1. I also own a real Gamecube and Pokemon Colosseum. Is there any way that I can use my 3in1 in NOR mode in a real Gameboy Advance + GBA Cable to use my Pokemon Emerald.gba.sav file to connect to Pokemon Colosseum and register Pokemon, or would I need a real Emerald cart to do this?

For the record, I've tried just loading it into NOR with the .sav file, which obviously won't work and says the save is corrupted, and I've tried using the GBA Backup Tool.nds program to load the file into the 3in1 that way, and it actually deletes the save when I try it that way. But that's not surprising, as running the cart with the ROM file deletes the save normally.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    It is the same problem of palpark. PC access the gba game's RAM directly. For palpark, pokepatch fixes the DS game to read the 3in1. There is no pokepatch equivalent for PC.

3. glenn frog knigh
    OP

Newcomer glenn frog knigh Newbie

United States
    What I had come to suspect, then [​IMG]

If I were to have a copy of Pokemon Emerald, I could use the GBA Backup Tool to port my save over to the real copy, and it would correctly read it then, right?

Thanks for the expedient answer, by the way.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Just pick up a copy from a local gamestop, you will eventually find one. It is in your best interest to have at least 1 real gba pokemon game for things like this since nobody works on patches to work with GBA pokemon anymore.