OP
Trophies
Website
www.snowpointtemple.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Temp,

The Gf and I just recently got an EZFlash Omega and two modded GBA consoles with the AGS101 backlit.

We confirmed we can link the EZ Flash Omega to a legit copy of Pokémon emerald using a GBA Link Cable.

However we are trying to figure out how to link Pokémon Red to a Gameboy Color backlit mod console using a GBC link cable, but we can’t seem to pair it up with blue.

Are we doing something wrong perhaps? Is there a setting we need to turn on?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

AngeloftheNight091

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't be done with standard gear. The Omega is running in GBA mode but the GBC will not be and then you have different voltages, clocks and whatever else to deal with. If you had a GBC cart in the GBA it would be running in GBC mode (if you look in the cart slot and see a little black slider switch in the side then that is what tells it select the GBC hardware and boot that).

Short of dumping the saves (GBC save dumping is possible but something you will want to be enthusiastic about to really go down the path of) and going through an emulator, getting a GBC flash cart (think everdrive's stuff is still the unquestioned best here), or maybe seeing if those 3ds remakes/rereleases have something, then not sure what to suggest. You could probably design and build a box using off the shelf programmable parts to interface between a GB/GBC and GBA emulator making sure everything got signals but nobody has done anything like that, though others reckon timing was too unforgiving. Don't think any goomba versions got link emulation either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it