EZFLASH Omega: folders limited to 257 files?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by anencephalon, Jun 13, 2018.

1. anencephalon
    OP

anencephalon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2018
    Austria
    Hello everyone, the title says it all. I've sorted my ROMs in subfolders according to system, but I only get the first 257 files listed. Is this a known limitation?
    (64gb exFat Samsung Evo 128kb cluster size)

larrypretty likes this.
  2. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    One of the previous updates added folder sorting, so yes, there's a known limit on files per folder. It was in a previous changelog on the exact number, but it would be a good thing if that information was included in the manual. In any case, simply make more subfolders.

Also, I'd be curious to know if you have any issues with save corruption. Previously I had a lot of trouble when I used a 64GB exfat Kingston. Would be interested in knowing if Samsung Evo behaves any different.

3. PacDan16

PacDan16 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    United States
    Does anyone have an update on this yet? Just got an Omega.

4. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Only that the source was released, so now we can confirm max folders is 256, and a little farther down max files is 512. There's no simple way to substantially expand this as all the names are loaded into RAM to be sorted, each name can max out at ~100 characters, and there's only 256KB(+32KB) total ram.

5. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

You can put 512 files per folder IF you use FAT32 filesystem ! It takes maybe a few seconds to load.

6. PacDan16

PacDan16 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    United States
    I ended using FAT for my old 2GB Class 2 micro SD card, and the default allocation size, and all the issues I had with FAT32 went away. Everything doesn't freeze and crash now!

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you for your feedback.
    Is your EZ Flash on the latest firmware ?
    http://www.ezflash.cn/download/

And have you please checked this already ?
    card size ≤ 2 GB FAT/FAT16 32KB
    card size ≤ 32 GB FAT32 32KB
    card size ≤ 128 GB exFAT 32KB or Larger