Hacking EZFLASH Jr? New GB/GBC flash cart.

astrodraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of any place reputable selling it to US buyers?

edit: Looks like there are multiple 100% feedback Chinese sellers on eBay now.
Purchased that and an Omega for about 2/3 the price of an X7.

Last edited by astrodraco,

colorcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    573.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.png
    2.png
    610.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 3.png
    3.png
    494.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 4.png
    4.png
    499.7 KB · Views: 207

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, would like to know what type of cell battery it using ?
The one I have here is a CR1220 which is a 3v non rechargeable cell. No welded on tabs or anything and just slipped straight out. SB-T13 is another name, and most other things rated 3v and with 1220 in the name will likely also work in a pinch (CR is the newer chemistry here and older ones likely have lower capacity). You could probably also fit a far taller cell in there if you needed to (the 20 above stands for 2.0mm tall, there is far more than 2mm available in that holder) but I am not sure what ones are available as standard sizes at this point.

Reactions: Count Duckula

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The one I have here is a CR1220 which is a 3v non rechargeable cell. No welded on tabs or anything and just slipped straight out. SB-T13 is another name, and most other things rated 3v and with 1220 in the name will likely also work in a pinch (CR is the newer chemistry here and older ones likely have lower capacity). You could probably also fit a far taller cell in there if you needed to (the 20 above stands for 2.0mm tall, there is far more than 2mm available in that holder) but I am not sure what ones are available as standard sizes at this point.
thanks for ur detailed info, btw is the save function wont work without the cell ? bought mine from china and not coming with a cell, currently playing pkmn crystal and the save feature wont work, game reset everytime i turn off my gbc.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for ur detailed info, btw is the save function wont work without the cell ? bought mine from china and not coming with a cell, currently playing pkmn crystal and the save feature wont work, game reset everytime i turn off my gbc.
Yes, the battery is needed for saving

Reactions: raytan168

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Indeed, you can use the card without battery. Just press the reset button when you done the save in game . the kernel will backup your save when it booting up. you can turn off the console after the backup is done.

if you do not known where the reset button is, please watch the basic operations video via

Though you can save without battery, but the games which relate real time clock will be affected. you will face two results:
1. the clock in game drift with reallife clock
2. the clock not drift with realtime clock if you adjust the card clock everytime before you entering the game.

anyway, both are annoying. so buy a CR1220 battery is the best solution.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Indeed, you can use the card without battery. Just press the reset button when you done the save in game . the kernel will backup your save when it booting up. you can turn off the console after the backup is done.

if you do not known where the reset button is, please watch the basic operations video via

Though you can save without battery, but the games which relate real time clock will be affected. you will face two results:
1. the clock in game drift with reallife clock
2. the clock not drift with realtime clock if you adjust the card clock everytime before you entering the game.

anyway, both are annoying. so buy a CR1220 battery is the best solution.

I have bought the cr1220 but it still wont save, is it i have to create the saver folder by myself inside the root of sd card or will the flashcard create it by itself automatically? Besides, can i use my own saves file from other source (for example pkmn crystal save from EZ-Flash Omega) in the EZ Jr ? Btw will ezflash team planning to add cheat feature in coming updates ? thanks.

Last edited by raytan168,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have bought the cr1220 but it still wont save, is it i have to create the saver folder by myself inside the root of sd card or will the flashcard create it by itself automatically? Besides, can i use my own saves file from other source (for example pkmn crystal save from EZ-Flash Omega) in the EZ Jr ? Btw will ezflash team planning to add cheat feature in coming updates ? thanks.
I can not understand what you mean " it still wont save" , can you describe more detail? what game? each step you did.

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I can not understand what you mean " it still wont save" , can you describe more detail? what game? each step you did.
thanks for replying, i managed to get the game (pkmn crystal) to saved already by creating the saver folder manually in the root of sd card. because by watching the basic operation vid, it never show us need to create the saver folder manually so i just follow the guide by extracting the .dat and firmware files together with roms into the sd card without creating the saver folder so the game progress was not saved.

Btw, is it possible to use saves from pc emulator in the ezflash jr ? because i transfer a 32kb save and rename it as the rom file and put inside the saver folder but it not working (pkmn crystal). The save create by ezflash jr is 0kb. Thanks.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
EZ JR can use the save file from vba and bgb. just put the emulator generated save file into the saver folder on sd card. rename it as same as the rom file.

Before you copy the save to SD card. you must run other game which not the game you want to copy the save. or turn off auto save in SET tab. other wise your new copied save will be overwritten by auto save backup.

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
EZ JR can use the save file from vba and bgb. just put the emulator generated save file into the saver folder on sd card. rename it as same as the rom file.

Before you copy the save to SD card. you must run other game which not the game you want to copy the save. or turn off auto save in SET tab. other wise your new copied save will be overwritten by auto save backup.
yeah working great and smooth. thanks. btw is ez team planning on introducing cheat feature to the EZJR in the future ?

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys, i having problem saving with ezjr. For example, I played pkmn silver and saved my progress and soft reset return to the main menu to start playing a new game, let say pkmn crystal. After saving the progress and return to continue my pkmn silver, but the silver save has been reset (no continue option). I restart over my silver and save the progress, soft reset and return to main menu to continue my crystal, now my crystal has lost it save progress. It do not have this problem if i was playing the same game. I have turn on the autosave feature but the problem still occurs. Everytime i start a new game, the save data from the last game will lost. anyone else encountering this problem as well ? was this a bug ? and i notice the save file in the saver folder is 0kb in size, is it normal ?

Last edited by raytan168,

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No, the save for silver/crystal should be 32kb in size. Delete the 0kb files and try having the ez Jr. recreate those files again.
Yup, the 0kb files are created by the ezjr. Anyway i notice this is caused by having long filename, i rename the rom to a shorter name and it managed to create a proper 32kb save files.

ignare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly now I'm starting to kinda regret getting my Everdrive X7... I mean, it has had occasional (but little to no) errors. But sounds like this is gonna be cheaper than $140.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly now I'm starting to kinda regret getting my Everdrive X7... I mean, it has had occasional (but little to no) errors. But sounds like this is gonna be cheaper than $140.
I purchased my ez Jr. for ~$35. Arrived within a week. It doesn't have savestate and/or cheat support (yet?), so I guess the EDGB X7 still has added value.

But really, this is a flashcard that is comparable to the EDGB X5, yet it is cheaper than even the x3.

Looking forward to what the ezflash team will be able to do with it.

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: ignare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them