Hacking EZFlash IV Lite Deluxe Or M3 Lite

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

How are we? I have not been on the forums for along time.

Anyways I'm getting back into the gameboying again due to the DS lite coming out.
I used to have supercard adaptor for my DS which was not too bad but this time I need something that has almost 100% compatibilty with
GBA and NDS roms.

I'm thinking of going with a EZFlash IV Lite Deluxe from winsunx 52.99 is a pretty good price for a flashcard.
I have not see to many reviews on these cards are they great for both GBA and DS games speed wise?

One last thing what's a good 2GB Micro card that runs roms very fast with this flashcart?

Thanks guys

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
your goin to have about the same DScompat. as the supercard with a Delxue, but the GBA compat is not surpased by any but the old ez3 cards from what i understand i personaly own a m3 and old ez4lite, have a deluxe in the mail as we type. I love ez4's great UI getting alot better with teh client and loaders, dont have to play with patch options just send to cart and play! i dont even use my m3 and soon niether will my gf
smile.gif

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So the EZFlash IV Lite Deluxe will be very fast in DS roms and GBA roms?. That's all I'm worried about.

I had a M3 Adaptor with my old DS and they were great,but I'm very interested in this Ezflash 4 Lite Deluxe.

What's a good Micro 2GB SD that plays both DS and GBA roms very fast?

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the M3 Lite speedwise on DS games are faster than on the EZ4Lite.

However, the GBA support is 10x better on the EZ4Lite due to the NOR flash built-in the Deluxe.

The menu is also a lot better on the EZ4Lite due to the limitless skinnable GUI.

Some games that lag and has long loading times on the EZ4Lite includes Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Animal Crossing, and Lostmagic.

However, I don't think the speed difference on the DS side is enough to shell out like 30-40 more dollars for a M3 Lite.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I should go for the m3 lite, its a perfect copy of the dustcover and no slowdowns.
I can't say anything about the EZFlash, i only have m3 lite, but very happy with it.

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys thanks for the comments

I was wondering what's a fast 2GB Mini SD stick to use with the M3 Lite?

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an m3 but I don't see any difference in speed when I'm playing games on EZ IV vs Super Card, however I do notice that the EZ IV saves much faster than the SC since it's not saving directly to the SD card. This is very noticable in games like pokemon where the save are large and you tend to save a lot.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
To answer your question about the 2GB microSD Card for the M3 Lite, pretty much any legit card is suitable. Hi-Speed cards are practically unnecessary.

Example with M3 Lite and 1GB cards.

I tested Kingston 1GB microSD vs Sandisk Ultra II 1GB microSD. Got better results with Kingston but barely. The key is in formatting the puppy
wink.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Between your two choices, the EZ-Flash IV Lite Deluxe for sure. It makes up one of the top three NDS Slot-2 based flashkits.

(In no particular order, I'd put the G6 Lite, the EZ-Flash IV Lite Deluxe and the SuperCard Lite in that top 3.)

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with the EZ4 Lite. The much higher price of the M3 Lite is definitley not worth it in terms of speed and compatibility. And when playing Animal Crossing: WW with the newest Client & Loader, there is very little difference in lag time. Unless you have a bunch of money to burn, go with the EZ4.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you think DS rom speed is an issue for you, definately avoid the ez4 range.

Simple fact... no ez4 whatever the mem card can manage the vania vid...

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if the price difference between the m3 and the ez4 is only 6pounds?

which one to go for then?
smile.gif

thanks

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
EZ4 Deluxe is a new model and is also now the same size as the dustcover.
Slowdowns on NDS ??? A couple (Tony Hawks, the dreaded 'vania video, animal crossing) - not enough of a difference to cry about though (I mean, we're not talking about "minutes" of lag here, are we ?? microseconds maybe lol)
GBA compatability - EZ4 Deluxe is a clear winner.

Gotta echo the love of the GUI - fully skinable, touchscreen support etc etc etc - love it.

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slowdowns on NDS ??? A couple (Tony Hawks, the dreaded 'vania video, animal crossing) - not enough of a difference to cry about though (I mean, we're not talking about "minutes" of lag here, are we ?? microseconds maybe lol)

Gotta echo the love of the GUI - fully skinable, touchscreen support etc etc etc - love it.

NDS compatibility; m3 is better then?
Support and updates?

New supercard firmware, someone said makes it the best cart for ds game support. Is that true.

Just reading more and more = more confusion
wacko.gif

summing it up supercard or ez4 or m3?

forget the price. thanks everyone
smile.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

NDS compatibility; m3 is better then?
Support and updates?

New supercard firmware, someone said makes it the best cart for ds game support. Is that true.

Just reading more and more = more confusion
wacko.gif

summing it up supercard or ez4 or m3?

forget the price. thanks everyone
smile.gif

Don't believe everything you read
wink.gif
M3 and SC are equal for DS games. And as rambozotheclown wrote EZ4 is very close to them. All three are great devices and are worth the money. Now you choose
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.