that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Just uploading some cool themes I've always used on my EZFlash IV. I originally found them on the ezflash.sosuke forums posted in a theme megathread. They were made by a user named "Masahiko", so all of the credit for the theme rightfully goes to them, wherever they may be.

Using @Localhorst86's modified EZFlash Skin Builder, I just recompiled all three of the themes made by Masahiko. I personally use the Carbon Fire Ice theme since I have the "Cobalt" GBA SP. I feel the blue theme fits the blue console quite well! Likewise, I am assuming the Bronze skin looks best with the "Flame Red" console and that the Carbon theme looks best with the "Platinum" console. But I mean, use whichever one you want, they all look pretty damned nice!

I applied all of Localhorst86's patches as well, so the themes will have the 8kb fix, the UI text fix and the Font fix applied automatically.

In the Help section, I just briefly mention the GSS options and default button configurations as well as give credit to who it is due. All of the KEYSET.CFG button combos can be changed and even disabled entirely from within the file. The GSS settings can be disabled on a per-game basis from within the file as well, which works since you can't modify GSS settings on the EZFlash itself through the settings menu itself (yet?). You can, however, launch any game without GSS by pressing L+B over while selecting the game. In the KEYSET.CFG file, you can also specify whether or not you want each game to perform a hard-reset upon launching (which shows the GBA Bios boot animation and whatnot). This increases compatibility in some games like Yoshi's Island, and as far as I know, it doesn't break compatibility with any other games. More details about the aforementioned GSS features available in the official 2.03 kernel release thread here.

EDIT 4/27/18: UPDATED SKINS TO KERNEL VERSION 2.05

Anyways, how about some screenshots? Download links attached to the bottom of this post! Enjoy, everyone!

pNwiCy8.png
PuWvJVc.png
fLYwzu9.png
MWdBIto.png
D79e8ye.png
rSD5vnJ.png
R8kg072.png
nSnviRG.png
OMt4Olo.png

Attachments

• cf-bronze 2.05.zip
    352.6 KB · Views: 297
  • cf-carbon 2.05.zip
    306.8 KB · Views: 357
  • cf-ice 2.05.zip
    348.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by tiduscrying,

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's possible, but only a solid color.

I'd like to know how to do this. I've looked for the color with a hex editor, thinking it may be hex code for RGB or HSL, but couldn't find it.

I've been using a theme I did since around 2011 (which uses the icons from these themes) and adding it each time an updated kernel was released. For the releases since 2.02, I've had to add my theme with a hex editor since the theme tool wasn't working with it. If anyone wants it, I can share it, but I'd prefer to finally get the loading text box color changed first.

screenshot00.png
screenshot02.png

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, this is actually the theme I used on my EZIV before I sold it to a friend who wanted me to "hack his GBA".
I have no clue where I found it but I believe it was a prepatched firmware I used, which isn't great since they can be outdated and updating them isn't easy. But this one should at least be up to date.
I think I had the Carbon version. Wasn't aware there were multiple variations but I remember the "IV" text being red.
Pretty nice theme, probably one of the best ones available. Though nowadays it looks kind of dated with all the gradients, for some reason gradients aren't "cool" anymore.

Reactions: tiduscrying

yanvbraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also would like to see these themes updated to 2.05, specially CF-Bronze :)

Is there any way I can do that myself? I just got an EZ-Flash Reform and I know nothing about it :ha:

yanvbraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also would like to see these themes updated to 2.05, specially CF-Bronze :)

Is there any way I can do that myself? I just got an EZ-Flash Reform and I know nothing about it :ha:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end