EZflash 3in1 GBA saves

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by MADacoda, Jul 20, 2007.

Jul 20, 2007

EZflash 3in1 GBA saves by MADacoda at 3:30 PM (924 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. MADacoda
    OP

Newcomer MADacoda Member

Netherlands
    I just got my 3in1 and made a directory GBA on my r4ds and within a SAVE directory. I patched all gba roms with the ezflash program. But saves don't work for most games. It does make a .sav file in the SAVE directory but all of them are 128kb large. Only some work correctly.

Now I just found out that when you patch a gba rom with the ezflash program is also creates a .sav file. Will my problem be fixed if I copy these .sav file to the SAVE directory? If not, what else should I do.

Thanks for the help!!

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    uncheck the reset patch, its reported that it creates problems

use the GBATA program to patch your games if that doesnt work

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The EZ4 Client causes lost saves when running games from PSRAM, only use it for games with 1024 Kbit Flash save types. Use GBATA to patch everything else. (only EEPROM & Flash save types need to be patched, SRAM save types work without patching)

In other words, don't run a game through the EZ4 Client AT ALL unless GBATA says it uses a 1024 Kbit Flash save type. The EZ4 Client can screw up .gba files even if you don't apply the save or reset patches. If you want to trim the GBA games, do it with GBATA.

You do not need the save files that the EZ4 Client creates. All of the save files created by the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool are 128KB, that is not an error.

4. MADacoda
    OP

Newcomer MADacoda Member

Netherlands
    Thanks a lot for the answers!

5. MADacoda
    OP

Newcomer MADacoda Member

Netherlands
    After patching the original roms where needed with GBATA and putting them on my microsd everything seems to be working great. Just tested a few games yet but at least more then 3 work!

Thanks for the help.