EZFlash 3 in1 "plus" in the works

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by FAST6191, Jul 26, 2008.

Jul 26, 2008
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    There has not been an official announcement yet but during discussion of the latest loader for the EZ5, windirt (head coder, US forum rep and one of the main people behind the EZTeam) mentioned the EZ5 plus is coming.
    Thread/post link:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=...=a&start=47

An official announcement/spec list is sure to come later but there was mention of a 512 megabit (64megabyte) NOR section which coupled with the multirom additions of yesterdays beta release ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97118 ) surely forecasts an interesting future.

---------------

Personally one of my biggest hesitations regarding the 3 in 1 when it was announced originally was that 256Mbit was too small for people (I could not have been proved more wrong though).

Going for speculation and looking at the history with the likes of the EZ4 lite deluxe it could also be the case that 32megabytes of (ps)ram (aka the largest GBA rom released/possible without bankswitching aside from the undumped video releases like Shrek) is in there.

2. undercarris

Newcomer undercarris Advanced Member

United States
    this is really good news ... i really hope i actually get release... and soon xD

i want an 3 in 1 ... i think i will wait to see if the 3 in 1 plus get release [​IMG]!

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    I hope it will be 20 bucks on DX or gameyeeeah, so they can phase out the older one.

4. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I have a SCD1 and a 3in1 so now can I run more then one GBA in the NOR?

5. kradrats

Newcomer kradrats Member

United States
    I was thinking of purchasing a EZFLASHV+3in1, would now be a bad time?

6. undercarris

Newcomer undercarris Advanced Member

United States
    actually nothing has been announce xD... justa comment but i definitly recommend you to wait a few weeks.. in case it actually get announce xD i think they will try to fix the multi roms bug first... or de dldi problems... wich i dont understand at all xD... i read the forum and its like chinese to me T_T xD

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    They won't announce it officially until it's available for purchase, just like the EZ-V+. If they announced it earlier it would be like saying "don't buy our products for a while".

8. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    If it does not have both 32 MB PSRAM and a clock (I doubt at least the latter), I will stay with the old 3in1 and the M3 Expansion.

9. skagamer

Member skagamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the info. I was ready to spring for a 3-in-1, but I'll be waiting now.

10. Ikz

Newcomer Ikz Member

United States
    Actually, from what I've seen, people who buy the LATER version of EZFLASH hardware are the ones who get screwed over.

As well as people who upgrade to later versions of the firmware.

EDIT: Are they still selling the New Year's kit? I had to return the one I got, I had a brick like some other people on what used to be the official English-speaking forums.