Hacking EZflash 3-in-1

pa1ntbru5h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just bought a CycloDS Evo and I was wondering if I needed/wanted to get the 3-in-1 expansion. I've read some posts about it but i still dont understand what the expansion really does. What am i getting out of having the expansion? Is it worth the extra money? Sorry if this question has been already discussed. Thanks.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pa1ntbru5h said:
I was wondering if I needed/wanted to get the 3-in-1 expansion
You do want it.
GBA games!
gbasp.gif

pa1ntbru5h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info. im still not sure if i want to get it yet though. there arent many GBA games i want to play so i dont know if the rumble and opera browser is worth $20.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well in the end, it's up to you. I decided to get my 3-in-1 so i could play gba games and also the opera browser =D

Also, it costs a lot less than the other slot 2 solutions, such as the ones that take microsd cards.

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't so sure myself at first either.

The rumble feature is pretty lame, although it was fun to play with once.
The expansion RAM will be very handy to have - *maybe* one day when some very nice homebrew makes use of it.
The ability to pack around my GBA RPG's (and in a cart that does not stick out!) makes it all worth it.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about buying one two. Have wante a slot-2 solution for nearly 2 years. Finially making the leap.

BTW CeePhour, how did u make ur Avatar?

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
Off-topic: With the picture of the R4 from the R4 site and The GIMP. First time I've ever used it, I suck, but it came out ok once I scaled it down.
smile.gif

On-topic: Team Cyclops seems to be your best bet for support for the new EZV 3in1's - sure, Rudolph's tool works just fine for now, and bless him for his work for all of us, but it is a bit of work just to enable the features when you need them. I would be willing to be they add support for the new 3in1's in a future (soon?) firmware update.

For what it's worth, apparently the AceKard2 supports the new 3in1 rumble right out of the box (I was surprised to find out just now by accident). However, you can't seem to access the device from selecting "Slot2" from the root of the AK2 menu. unsure about the expansion RAM capabilities. I'm sure someone who has tested it will tell us.

*edit: I'll be damned, it loads GBA games right from the AK2 menu also... No idea about Opera (no interest really). Looks like Team Cyclops has a little catching up to do.
smile.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I find the rumble to be pretty gimmicky myself as well, and one that I absolutely do NOT care about.

RAM is great for all the DS homebrew that supports it, and from the timing options on the quake2 port IIRC it has some of the lowest latency RAM timings, which is good as it means that there will be less of a slowdown when using it as RAM.

GBA Games! TONS of great GBA games of all genres, is just worth it by itself. Many fewer GBA games than DS, but also MUCH less shovelware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM