EZFlash 3-in-1 freezing with NOR

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by NevermoreBurning, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008
  1. NevermoreBurning
    OP

Newcomer NevermoreBurning Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have a small problem with my EZFlash 3-in-1 when using the latest version of GBA_ExpLoader with an R4. The PSRAM, rumble and memory functions work great- however, when loading games into NOR more often than not the program will freeze and I am forced to reboot the DS.

It always freezes at 94%, 95%- about a second away from completion. Interestingly, it does successfully load the game to the cartridge but does not load existing save data- nor, in fact, does it register that that game is present (so, I can use the game as a normal cartridge, I can even save, but it will not then backup it's save data when I switch to another game in NOR.

At the moment, it is stuck as thinking that "Advance Wars.sav" is the revelent save file, as I manager to successfully NOR flash this game. However, Castlevania Arai of Sorrow is the actual game on the cart. I am not sure, but I think it is writing my Castlevania save data to the Advance Wars file. This problem occurs with a combination of game, SRAM patched, trimmed, both or none. Larger files seem to do it more but so does Mario Kart.

It's not a major problem. Every part of the PSRAM playing works fine, and that's all I need. It just effectively removes my ability to use the 3-in-1 independent of the R4, in, say, my GBA.

Any ideas why this problem might be occuring?

2. NevermoreBurning
    OP

Newcomer NevermoreBurning Newbie

United Kingdom
    Well, this was fixed in version 0.55 onwards of Rudolph's tool. Seems it was a common bug.