EZFA cart reverse engineering + custom programming hardware

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Ionut Pavel, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ionut Pavel
    OP

Ionut Pavel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    Romania
    Some weeks ago i got hold of a 256M Ezfa cart. The problem was that it came as is, some games on it, no cable or anything. So i searched all over the internet for cables and couldn't find anything. I tried different solutions but with no luck.
    So I decided to do my own programming hardware, but first i needed to find how to write and control the damn thing, since it's not a standard procedure. Here is a bit of reverse engineering applied to the cart. I couldn't find anything about this on the internet so if anyone knows someone else who did this and posted please PM me.

Two documents: One is with findings as it went, and the other one tries to be a more polished one (but a bit scarce on the details), feel free to view them both.

I also made some custom USB programming hardware using an ATmega164PA, but the software is a bit... well unfinished and i must work some more on it. Will release full package with schematics, PCB and software once i think it's at least decent.

Excuse my english, not a native speaker.
    22122013.jpg 22122013001.jpg

Attached Files:

user64 and cearp like this.
  2. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    Very, very impressive.