EZFA cart reverse engineering + custom programming hardware

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Ionut Pavel, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ionut Pavel
    OP

Ionut Pavel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    Romania
    Some weeks ago i got hold of a 256M Ezfa cart. The problem was that it came as is, some games on it, no cable or anything. So i searched all over the internet for cables and couldn't find anything. I tried different solutions but with no luck.
    So I decided to do my own programming hardware, but first i needed to find how to write and control the damn thing, since it's not a standard procedure. Here is a bit of reverse engineering applied to the cart. I couldn't find anything about this on the internet so if anyone knows someone else who did this and posted please PM me.

Two documents: One is with findings as it went, and the other one tries to be a more polished one (but a bit scarce on the details), feel free to view them both.

I also made some custom USB programming hardware using an ATmega164PA, but the software is a bit... well unfinished and i must work some more on it. Will release full package with schematics, PCB and software once i think it's at least decent.

Excuse my english, not a native speaker.
    22122013.jpg 22122013001.jpg

Attached Files:

user64 and cearp like this.
  2. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    Very, very impressive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice