Hacking EZF Advance Realtime 256M (regarding ezfa client)

Spaceman016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Need some advice on the EZF Advance Realtime cart 256M if anyone has this cart and is using it

Im using EZFA client 1.03E (hard to find this client now >

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I use the same cart with winxp2.
Try some other usb port of your motherboard.
My previous one was a nightmare to find which usb was working.
Now my motherboard has no problem.
All the above with EZFA client 1.03E.

Spaceman016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah awesome kk thnx for the reply
yeah i got 8 ports so ill update if i can get it to work

damn no luck, rebooting and updating drivers 8 diff ports >< oh well
i do have a feeling it may work on a diff motherboard other than mine, mainly cause the fact i think this one hubs the usb ports causing errors
in the ezfa client.

i also remember my old motherboard had 2 usb ports obviously not hub'd and wouldnt work on 1 of the ports but that was a long time ago
ok thanks for your input

regards

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
(*waves hello to Scar
smile.gif
*)

I can second that it's fine on XPSP2, but seeing as I haven't had any problems with my cart I can't really help you with the freezing. I have heard of it happening to other users, but I don't remember whether it was fixable or not. GBATemp's archive forum is down at the moment but when it comes back up looking in there would probably be your best bet, dig up a few old posts about the cart to see how other people with the same issue tackled the problem. (The EZFA's official website and forums are long gone so this site's archive is probably the closest you'll get).
(Edit: Mods are awesome, archive's back up already: http://gbatemp.net/old/index.php?showforum=119 )

Spaceman016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your replies its much appreciated

I did find people who have had the same problem and it seems there all have the same comp specs
Seems it has a prob with some athlon 64 bit processors

Found some good replies on those old forums

for anyone who has a similar prob
http://gbatemp.net/old/index.php?showtopic=21784&hl=ezfa
http://gbatemp.net/old/index.php?showtopic=29945&hl=ezfa

I do have a ezflash V bundle pack on its way just wanted to have some fun with the old cart before i put it away :-(
Oh well got no other comp handy atm unfortunately will just have to wait.

thnx all
regards

jobdone

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys I have the same problem I have an ASUS K8N4-E motherboard with an athlon64 (3400+). I have tried most versions of the software and drivers , I have even been in the bios and downgraded my USB to 1.1. nothing worked.I now have 1.03E of the driver and software and I downloaded CPUKILLER 3 , I set CPUKILLER to 75%+ and it burns roms perfectly. hope this helps , it works for me. p.s. K8N4-E is a socket 754 with Nforce 4 chipset.

jobdone

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else had any success with similar methods? I have to set my cpukiller to 75% at least or it doesn't work.I'm still unsure why this actually works anyway? There are other slow down programs on the market , anyone tried any of these?

jobdone

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have played around with various usbscan.sys versions and FTD2XX.DLL versions , None of these actually worked , however each one has a different effect. I have now located a freeware util that works just as well as CPUKILLER , it is called TURBO and can be found on most retro sites
rolleyes.gif
It doesn't even need to be installed , just an EXE and run it before your util. On my setup I need it set to 50% or less (100% is off , 1% is maximum restriction) just open the util click on turbo then type in your value and click OK , when finished with the EZFA client just close it down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: