Hacking EZF Advance as slot-2 expansion

Mindliner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I got my new PC years ago, I've been unable to use my trusty EZF Advance 256mb. The loading software, which is no longer updated, is incompatible with my system for one reason or another.

So before I go out and buy a 3-in-1 or similar dedicated slot-2 pack, I'm trying everything to keep this old NOR cart in use. Is there any slot-2 gba loader software compatible with the EZFA? I have no qualms with purchasing a dedicated slot-2 expansion in the future, but I'd prefer to avoid retiring the trusty red jewel that's served me so well for the last 6 or 7 years.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, there is software to write to certain NOR-based slot-2 devices from a slot-1 device, but I have no clue if it supports the EZF Advance or not (most likely not). You could try the FlashManager software if it supports your linker cable (use the latest English beta release), but otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Mindliner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Hm, there is software to write to certain NOR-based slot-2 devices from a slot-1 device, but I have no clue if it supports the EZF Advance or not (most likely not). You could try the FlashManager software if it supports your linker cable (use the latest English beta release), but otherwise I'm out of ideas.

I've tried a few loaders designed for 3-in-1. GBA Exploader, gbaldr, ndstool, ndstation. None were compatible, as to be expected I guess. Thought I might get lucky
smile.gif

I'll keep trying different options, thank you for the suggestion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: