Hacking ezclient

shaffaaf27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i updated my romlist, and tried to put in pokemon ranger and nfsCarbon, but when i select them in my client, an error message in some random, non english, language come up, inculding a "1/4" in there Exclamation

i thought it might be my client, so i re downloaded it, and got the newest update for the rom list via killerbong(up to 650), and left a blank line at the end of the text, but the message ame up again for the roms, but if i put in an old rom, it works fine.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So are you trying to put those games on your EZ4? I have NFS: Carbon on my EZ4, and it works great. I didn't update the ROM list or anything though. (BTW, NFSC is actually a fun game)

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget the romlist is not updated simultaneously with game releases.... The 2 you mentioned are quite possibly not included in the romlist just yet as they are quite recent additions to the scene.
The only message I get with my client is "This ROM is not in the database and may be unplayable" - Then I just ignore it, type in the rom name myself, send it to the card and I'm laffin'
smile.gif

SILLY QUESTION - Have you set the language in the client to ENG ????
Don't really know what else to suggest..........
unsure.gif

~*EDIT*~ I actually have both these games running on my EZ4Lite using the 1.03 Client and latest Kernel
yaynds.gif

Valshar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was also trying to get children of mana on my EZ, so updated the romlist but it still tells me the rom is not in the list. what the heck am I doin' wrong? somethin stupid, I bet

edit: forget it, already worked for some reason...

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is those roms ARE in the romlist, and my language on the client is english. i have even re-downloaded it, but it still wont work.
Have you used your downloaded one to overwrite the one in the client directory on your pc though ??
If your client is on C: drive in a folder named (let us say) EZ4_Client you need to copy and paste the downloaded up to date romlist into the subfolder sysbin to overwrite the outdated romlistds that came with the original download of the client.

I.E. you need to replace the file C:/EZ4_Client/sysbin/romlistds

(Dumb question I know but I thought I'd ask it anyway
laugh.gif
)

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's the error I'm thinking of your ROM images or the archives they are packed in are corrupt. The error I'm thinking basicaly means EZ4Client can't read the ROM images for some reason.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd check the integrity of the archive first, maybe check the CRC of the ROM images in question, try them in an emulator...

But yeah, downloading them again, from a new source if possible, would be a good idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg