OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ez5logo.gif
EZ5i v12 internal firmware released- DSi 1.4 works
fixes SDHC problems of V11. Also moonshell 2.00 soft reset.
51.jpg

The EZTeam have released v12 of the EZ5i internal firmware/loader which allows EZ5i carts to run on DSi firmware 1.4, it also solves the problems with the [705] hardware revision and SDHC memory that yesterday's v11 had (it also bypassed 1.4 making them the first team to release a software update to allow their cards to run on a DSi with 1.4 firmware). If you updated to v11 yesterday and have a [705] hardware revision EZ5i then you will need a SD card to update again.

This is not the first EZ5i update but it is potentially one of the more important. It allows the EZ5i to work under a DSi using the 1.4 firmware but doing so presently requires that the cart use a proper icon and text from a game.
Updating is as simple as running the ez5firmwreUP_V12.nds from the root of the EZ5i, naturally this requires something that works with the DSi like a DS, DS lite or DSi with firmware lower than 1.4, the whole procedure takes about 30 seconds although we do suggest that you charge your device and preferably power it from the wall as well.

A check was also added so you can no longer downgrade to an earlier firmware and brick your EZ5i (it should just hang if you try).

This is just the internal loader so you can continue using any kernel that works with the EZ5i.

Hashes:
CRC32: BAF3E52E
MD5: 3978A3CAEC4721BDBA15742BEF919F2E
SHA-1: 81B9F29E5669625953D17F7F87AA70565807D2AE

EZ5i v12 internal firmware threads:
icon11.gif
Old gbatemp discussion thread of 1.4 and EZ5i
icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
icon11.gif
Youtube video of update
icon11.gif
Youtube video download (MP4 container H264 video)
download.gif
GBAtemp download
discuss.png
Discuss
EZ5 moonshell 2.XX soft reset

Also available since last post is a soft reset plugin for moonshell, the EZTeam sent Moonlight some source code and he made one for use. This should work for all EZ5 models

icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums moonshell soft reset thread

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing, makes me happy I bought one out of the blue the other day. Props go to the EZVi team for dropping this. ^^

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
boudincaca said:
Well, time to update again my EZVi...
smile.gif

EDIT:Done, perfectly.

And for people wondering, here is the new icon and text:

pict0123sez.jpg
Kinda silly they can't do it without the spoofing, but nevertheless its great its working again, I am happy on the behalf of people using EZ5i
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlazerRazor said:
Kinda silly they can't do it without the spoofing, but nevertheless its great its working again, I am happy on the behalf of people using EZ5i
smile.gif

It is a sha256 from what I hear, generating a collision for that (or worse a preimage) would probably gain you a fast car ride with mandatory facebag.

D

Deleted User

Hope it wasn't just a simple string search that was blocking these things. ie title of icon file

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
how long u think acekard and SCDS1i will release their fix?

after EZ FLASH did all the hard work?

i WANT FLIPNOTE STUDIO DAMNIT!

sweet my DS Lite is fixed, just need to go and get it
biggrin.gif

now if i update my DSi for Flipnote, (THANKS NINTENDO!)...when Acekard release their "fix"...could i use my DSL to update it?.....

I would think so but.....

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Here is just hoping that Supercard get theirs sorted, and for that matter, all of the other ones as well.

Question though, I have read lots about how that the card now contains copyrighted info (it pretends to be a comercial cart) which is illegal blah blah blah. Surelly flash carts are illegal anyway are they not, regardless of if they contain copyrighted code.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
halljames said:
Here is just hoping that Supercard get theirs sorted, and for that matter, all of the other ones as well.

Question though, I have read lots about how that the card now contains copyrighted info (it pretends to be a comercial cart) which is illegal blah blah blah. Surelly flash carts are illegal anyway are they not, regardless of if they contain copyrighted code.

What ever "they" say

FUCK THEM!!!

They are just sore becuase their security was broken...after flipnote was 2ndly released....

You had this all planned out N didn't you?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
halljames said:

I think what has happened now is that you have gone from a potentially grey area of "is it legal or isn't it" to a definite breach of copyright by using the name and icon... this will be interesting to watch. I feel the other cart makers ( acekard and M3 ) may hold off still further till they see what the legal ramification of this is

We may find this pushes the WHOLE cart issue right into the legal fore and there is now definite ammunition in Nintendo's gun for shutting them down

..... interesting times indeed.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lenselijer said:
nice to release an update like this, but i still dont understand why the r4i gold team figured it out faster
unsure.gif

Dont think they figured it out faster, just they reported a fix that uses parts of an existing games code, whether its the icon name or actual code, some of the other cart makers know of this fix from what I have read but didnt want to release a fix that could potentially land them in legal trouble for using it. The other cart makers still may not release it as a fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger