OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
49348811_1.jpg
4EZ5.jpg

A little under two weeks ago the EZTeam released v106 of the EZ5i internal firmware that brought with it support for the international DSi firmware 1.4.3 (1.4.3c appeared at the same time as 1.4.2 international and was supported with the 1.4.2 fix) but the update process was a bit riskier as a whole new faked game was needed where before the EZTeam had rejigged their existing code to comply with the new checks. Methods we found to make the update process a bit safer so pending another release the downloads of 106 were disabled pending a tweaked update program which we now have. We still however suggest you only update if you have a DSi on the 1.4.3 update or are planning to update and all others stick with v105 and if you are already on 106 you can ignore this.[/p]

Change log (v106A):

Firmware upgrade
EZ5F106A.nds ,fixed the updater to avoid the writing loop in some particular case

DON'T RENAME THE FILE BEFORE YOU UPDATE THE FIRMWARE
THE FIRMWARE UPDATE FILE MUST BE PLACED ON THE ROOT OF MICROSD

V106A firmware update will wipe out and reprogram the whole bootloader, it needs the EZ5F106A.nds.keeping original file name to be the reprogram data source.
rename the file will cause reprogram process fail and your flashcard bricked.

A video of the original v106 update thanks to Mbmax (it is longer than previous updates as it reflashes the entire device)
[tv]32303-338[/tv]

icon11.gif
EZ5 Chinese forums section
icon11.gif
EZflash US forums thread
download.gif
EZFlash.cn downloads section (at time of posting not available here)
download.gif
Filetrip download

discuss.png
 Discuss

Thanks to Mbmax for the news and video.

The Composer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I swear I'm not buying any EZ product ever again. You guys were too irresponsible enough to launch a risky update, then releasing the proper thing.

Because of that thousands of flashcarts were bricked in the previous fix.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Composer said:
I swear I'm not buying any EZ product ever again. You guys were too irresponsible enough to launch a risky update, then releasing the proper thing.

No, you are wrong. This is still a risky update because it change the faked game to another one.
This mean a total wipe out of the memory and program it again.

Now you bricked your ez5i but you never answered my question. Maybe you should read again the v106 thread.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Me, I find the EZ Flash team fabulous for being pre-emptive regarding their flashcard capabilities, even though they are running risks here.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The Composer said:

Right, like the Acekard team did tons better with their HW44 job.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ron975 said:
I just noticed, EZFlash carts, really ain't so easy to flash.
tongue.gif
As easy as flashing an Ak2i.

The only thing we don't have compared to the ak2i is the unbricker for the dslite. it's on his way.
wink.gif

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's deplorable, the EZ-Flash V was nearly a excellent card flash adapter when the new kernel 3.0 has been released but the follow up was too bad.

Do not do this update! My EZ-Flash Vi bricked too.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to inform you guys that i successfuly unbricked my ez5i today with my r4v2 + wood r4 + ez5i unbricker homebrew.
The unbricker is still in beta test but i think it should be released soon. Remember that it will require a DS or DSlite as the DSi and 3DS doesn't allow hot swap.
Stay tuned. ;)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I helped 5 users yesterday to unbrick their ez5i with this unbricker. All successfully rebirthed.
Stay tuned for a release soon. ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.