EZ5i skinning competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
380
Trophies
0
XP
359
Country
Whew,I can't wait for the compo to end.
Anyway,I had another look at the RN95 pic and I see the some icons will change?
Is it for the forger only or also for the upcoming kernel?
 

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
2,198
Trophies
0
Location
Illuminati
XP
536
Country
United States
Hows judging going?
smile.gif
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
389
Country
Ez Skin Froger RN96 is out !

Here is the change log :

EZ Skin Forger RN96 Change log said:
- added plug-ins feature. See the plug-ins folder for more information.
- provided MS2SkinPreviewforEZV.plg to let you preview fully the current skin loaded in ESF.
- fixed a glitch on TGF files once compiled. Now transparency is used instead of background merge.

- imageconverter been udpated to version 006.
Note : be sure to unzip the full package. Do not update only the EZSkinForger.exe file.

Download it on Filetrip !

@kiafazool : we are 4 to judge all skin. Each guy judge all skin on his side.
Will take time yeah.
 

thieves like us

chaos personified
Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
1,056
Trophies
0
Age
56
Location
left of the pond
Website
Visit site
XP
385
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
Ez Skin Froger RN96 is out !

the new version of skin forger now has a built-in arcade game?!
Frogger.png


on a more serious note, I'm receiving the following error message in RN96 when attempting to load in a previously designed skin (and the application cannot locate one or more of the images from the paths saved) or with when creating a new skin from scratch and selecting a file (no rhyme or reason as to why this is occuring).

run-time error '480':
can't create AutoRedraw image

and then the ez-skin forger software terminates


maybe cheryl can re-code her routine to bow out gracefully if an image or path cannot be found rather than terminating out. I'm not sure why when selecting an image that I'm occassionally receiving this error message as well.
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
389
Country
thieves like us said:
on a more serious note, I'm receiving the following error message in RN96 when attempting to load in a previously designed skin (and the application cannot locate one or more of the images from the paths saved) or with when creating a new skin from scratch and selecting a file (no rhyme or reason as to why this is occuring).

run-time error '480':
can't create AutoRedraw image

and then the ez-skin forger software terminates


maybe cheryl can re-code her routine to bow out gracefully if an image or path cannot be found rather than terminating out. I'm not sure why when selecting an image that I'm occassionally receiving this error message as well.
Delete Setting.ini and try again.
wink.gif


Cheryl has never catched this bug. Sometimes the path to reach imageconverter.exe is screwed in the ini file.
tongue.gif
 

dudino

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
10
Trophies
0
Age
33
Website
www.anime-miako.to
XP
54
Country
Gambia, The
Mbmax said:
Ez Skin Froger RN96 is out !

Here is the change log :

EZ Skin Forger RN96 Change log said:
- added plug-ins feature. See the plug-ins folder for more information.
- provided MS2SkinPreviewforEZV.plg to let you preview fully the current skin loaded in ESF.
- fixed a glitch on TGF files once compiled. Now transparency is used instead of background merge.

- imageconverter been udpated to version 006.
Note : be sure to unzip the full package. Do not update only the EZSkinForger.exe file.

Download it on Filetrip !

@kiafazool : we are 4 to judge all skin. Each guy judge all skin on his side.
Will take time yeah.

hey thats great =)
no i can fix the last small bug's in my theme
thx Cheryl & Mbmax
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
389
Country
thieves like us said:
the new version of skin forger now has a built-in arcade game?!
Frogger.png
Well, you are probably kidding but yeah, you can build a game with the plugin feature.

BTW, she just said "I didn't know if this plugin is needed" talking about this one :

esf_plugin.jpg


tongue.gif
 

Gausen

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
27
Trophies
0
XP
27
Country
Argentina
@Mbmax.
About RN96 preview plug in.

The double line mode doesn't show correct for me (i cant test it on real hardware thou). I think that RN96 shows a portion of FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.png that is the same size as FL_Single_ItemBG_Clear.png.

I can see also that the cheat menu shows some transparency that cheats.png doesn't have (in my skin).

When you click on some other file (GBAROM.gba, for example) FL_Single_ItemBG_Clear.png get positioned OK but the color of the text its not correct.

There is one more thing, Cheat_ItemBG_Select.png is shown one pixel to the right of where it should or the cheat complete scrollbar is shown one pixel to the left of where it should (comparing with real hardware looking).
 

Gausen

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
27
Trophies
0
XP
27
Country
Argentina
Mbmax said:
@all : while waiting for results, may i suggest you to submit your skin on NDSthemes now they have an ez5 section ?
wink.gif

How do you upload a .zip file? The java file loader only let me upload a preview.png and a theme.dat (i haven't been able to upload the latest). I can see that many of you where successful on uploading your zipped skins on NDSthemes.

Any tips? :-(

Edit: It seems that only the .dat file can be uploaded in NDSthemes so no splash screens or animations.
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
389
Country
Gausen said:
@Mbmax.
About RN96 preview plug in.

The double line mode doesn't show correct for me (i cant test it on real hardware thou). I think that RN96 shows a portion of FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.png that is the same size as FL_Single_ItemBG_Clear.png.

I can see also that the cheat menu shows some transparency that cheats.png doesn't have (in my skin).

When you click on some other file (GBAROM.gba, for example) FL_Single_ItemBG_Clear.png get positioned OK but the color of the text its not correct.

There is one more thing, Cheat_ItemBG_Select.png is shown one pixel to the right of where it should or the cheat complete scrollbar is shown one pixel to the left of where it should (comparing with real hardware looking).
Thanks for your report Gausen, but i have really checked this plug-in not on the real hardware but on a better way.
With the avi made by Normmatt, so i 99% sure of actual coordinates displayed by the plugin.
Now if you think there is a mistake, please provide me the coordinate X, Y of the Cheat_ItemBG_Select.png so i can check if i have made a mistake ?

About bouble line mode, if you open an old skin, for example the kde4.dat provided in current kernels, this file (FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.png) doesn't exist at all.
So, be sure to test this feature with new skins.
wink.gif
 

Gausen

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
27
Trophies
0
XP
27
Country
Argentina
Maybe its the scrollbar that is incorrectly positioned. I don't know how to setup its coordinates so i cant tell exactly where it should be. But i can show you some pictures so you can see what is that I'm seeing.

This is how it looks in the plug in. As you can see in my skin i added a 192x1 black pixels column to hide the "garbage" from the scrollbar. Note that there is no separation between the arrow on Cheat_ItemBG_Select and the scrollbar.
cheats_plugin.png


This is how it really looks.
cheats_real2.JPG


About the double line mode. Here is a shot made with the plug in.
double_line.png


And here is the image used on the skin.
FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.png


Well thats all. Mbmax can you test doble line mode on real hardware? Just to check.
Any advice you can give is always welcome. Maybe you can figure this out.

Thanks.
 

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
2,274
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
389
Country
Gausen said:
Maybe its the scrollbar that is incorrectly positioned. I don't know how to setup its coordinates so i cant tell exactly where it should be. But i can show you some pictures so you can see what is that I'm seeing.

This is how it looks in the plug in. As you can see in my skin i added a 192x1 black pixels column to hide the "garbage" from the scrollbar. Note that there is no separation between the arrow on Cheat_ItemBG_Select and the scrollbar.
cheats_plugin.png

This is how it really looks.
cheats_real2.JPG

Oh ! Now i understand !
Well sorry about that but you will have to modify your Cheat_ItemBG_Select.png because in next kernel 3.0ob2 the team has fixed a small glitch i reported to them.
This bug was : the entire scroll bar was wrongly displayed (missed 1px of it on the right side) in cheat window.
To be more precise, X coordinate was at 243 where it should be 242 like on top list scroll bar.
wink.gif

He is how your skin is diplayed on next k3.0ob2 :

rawncheatbar.png

Gausen said:
About the double line mode. Here is a shot made with the plug in.
double_line.png


And here is the image used on the skin.
FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.png


Well thats all. Mbmax can you test doble line mode on real hardware? Just to check.
Any advice you can give is always welcome. Maybe you can figure this out.

Thanks.
Ah ! your skin is great to detect that kind of mistake.
Thanks for the heads up, i will fix it.
wink.gif


Edit : I found the little mistake i made in the MS2SkinPreviewforEZV.plg file.
tongue.gif


QUOTE said:
frmMain.picTop.PastePicture("FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.tgf",0,i,256,18);

Should be :

QUOTE
frmMain.picTop.PastePicture("FL_Double_ItemBG_Clear.tgf",0,i,256,34);

Time to update filetrip.
wink.gif


edit 2 : Filetrip updated. Please, download the fixed ESF RN96 (see my comment).
As said, this fix concern only the plug-in previewer.
I also adjusted the display of the single and double icon text. MS2SkinPreviewforEZV.plg goes in version 2.1 now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
    alidergamer1234 @ alidergamer1234: hi