OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
49348811_1.jpg
4EZ5.jpg

The EZTeam have released an update for the EZ5i line of flash carts (remember the EZ5, NYE and plus lines got split into the 2.0 line a while back) with some game fixes including the new kirby, Solatorobo and Professor Layton and on top of this bugfixes including the special mode bug finally being squashed and homebrew support should have drastically improved (hopefully to pre 2.0 levels) via a new DLDI patch with ARGV support. In related news an unbricker has been made *update* v1.01 of the unbricker got released *update* for the EZ5i to fix those carts bricked with the v106/v106a updates and any similar bricks although it will require you to hotswap (reports from the beta are almost universally positive).

Change log (v3.0 Open Beta 7):

1.fixed the 7 char missing bug in big icon mode
2.added ARGV support for homebrews
3.fixed the special mode.
4.fixed homebrew boot,ideally support ezunbricker.

fixed:
-5061 - Best Friends Tonight (U)
-5240 - Heisa Byoutou - Dementium II (J)
-5749 - Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (E)
-5756 - Kaidan Restaurant: Zoku! Shin Menu 100-Sen
-5770 - Captain America: Super Soldier (E)
-5781 - Captain America: Super Soldier (U)
-5833 - Kirby Mass Attack (U)
-5844 - Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (U)
-5864 - Professor Layton : The Last Specter (U)

EZ5i unbricker v1.01

Change log (v1.01):

- fixed the bug of recognition with some bricked EZ5i.

Change log (v1.0):

Requirement :
-----------

- a DSlite or DS.
- a slot 1 flashcard able to run the unbricker homebrew. We will call it the host flashcard.
- your bricked EZ5i without any microSD inserted.

!! Warning !!
- Make sure your DSlite or DS is under good battery condition and there is nothing in the slot 2.
- Do not power-off or pull out the flashcard during any update process.
- If you use an EZ5i as the host flashcard be sure to use the kernel 3.0ob7 final version.

Instructions :
------------

1. Extract the unbricker .nds file on the microSD's root of your host flashcard.
2. Insert the host flashcard in the slot 1 of your DSlite or DS and launch the unbricker.
3. Eject the host flashcard and insert the bricked EZ5i without microSD inserted in it as asked.
4. Press Y to start the flashcard recognition. If all goes well you should see the hardware version and firmware version of your bricked EZ5i (HD=705 or 805, Firmware=106). Go to point 6 now.
5. If the flashcard is not recognized, the unbricker will tell you it can't read anything and invite you to try again.
Press Y. Eject the EZ5i and clean the golden traces. Blow in the slot 1, insert the EZ5i and retry point 4.
If after several attempts your EZ5i is still not recognized, then it's probably totally dead. Sorry, no way to recover it.
6. Press A now to start the first step, the firmware update. Do not interrupt it or you will kill your EZ5i for good ! Wait until the end of the process.
7. Once the firmware update finished, the unbricker ask you to eject and insert again your EZ5i. Proceed.
8. Press Y to start the flashcard recognition. If all goes well you should see the hardware version (HD=705 or 805) and the new firmware version 107 of your EZ5i. Go to point 10 now.
9. If the flashcard is not recognized, the unbricker will tell you it can't read anything and invite you to try again.
Press Y. Eject the EZ5i and clean the golden traces. Blow in the slot 1, insert the EZ5i and retry point 8.
10. If you get the message "sorry your ez5i can't unbrick directly, send key1, key2, key3, key4 to ezunbricker[at]gmail.com", please send those keys by email. Shutdown your DS and wait for the answer and instructions.
11. If you get the message "Ok! your ez5i can unbrick directly!", then press A to start the second step, the unbricking process. You will see an erase and write process with hexadecimal addresses scrolling on the screen. Wait until the end, do not interupt it !
When all is finished you get the message "***** Unbrick successful!! *****". Congratulation your EZ5i is re-birthed, you can shutdown your DS.

icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
icon11.gif
EZFlash.cn thread (Chinese language)

download.gif
EZFlash.cn download section
download.gif
3.0 OB7 filetrip download
download.gif
Unbricker v1.01 download

Thanks to Mbmax for the filetrip uploads.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Romee: Yes it's the new firmware. You can update your ez5i with a DSlite. Just eject an insert your flashcart when it's asked. ;)

@Fast6191 : thanks for the news on gbatemp.

@all : Any feeback about the unbricker is appreciated. Good or bad, we need feedback.
The unbricker is called 1.0 because the team estimate maybe it needs some adjustment for some case, so don't hesitate to make a feedback if your ez5i isn't recognized. ;)

Jonez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally! Another update!
I hope they don't make OB8 wait until they have fixed all games. I hope they release OB8 with some game fixes and OB9 with some more...

That way I think they will be done faster

@Romee: Yes it's the new firmware. You can update your ez5i with a DSlite. Just eject an insert your flashcart when it's asked. ;)

What is the difference between v106 and v107... or is v107 only the unbricker?
Can you update a not bricked v106 to v107?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the difference between v106 and v107... or is v107 only the unbricker?
Can you update a not bricked v106 to v107?
Yeah, that unbricker is both an unbricker and updater to 107. I did the same yesterday, updating first to 106a (trying to brick so I can test the unbricker - which of course did not work out) and then updating to 107 with the unbricker. Just, when it tells you to eject the card and insert the "bricked" EZ5i, just eject and reinsert the EZ5i, then it'll work.

Reactions: 1 person

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@qlum : yeah it will be fixed. The team need to find out why the hybrid mode fail on those games.

@Jonez : it's not required.

Jonez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
But would it be a good idea to update my cart.. just in case?
Is it possible to update, without using another flashcart, form v106 to v107

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But would it be a good idea to update my cart.. just in case?
Is it possible to update, without using another flashcart, form v106 to v107
SignZ told you the right answer. yes you can with a dslite or ds update your healthy ez5i with the unbricker.
I also made this on my second ez5i. ;)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cant we use a DSi, or it has to be DS/DSLite?
You need a DSlite or a DS, the DSI and the 3DS doesn't allow the hot-swap.

@all : the unbricker v1.01 should be released today. The team fixed the recognition of some bricked EZ5i.
All kind of bricked ez5i can be seen now. ;)
Stay tuned.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Wait I can't seem to find 107 Firmware
I can only find the OB7 Kernal

Edit : I'm disappointed with the OB7 Kernal. I expected the EZ-Vi team to finally fix the RT Save and "Soft Reset Menu" to perfection. But as usual, it freezes on 60% of games. :|
Nonetheless, I'm still happy with the EZ-Vi and I say Cheers and great work for fixing their product. Maybe they can fix those issues another time. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too coward :cry:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No reason to be afraid. It's more cowardly to not admit that you have issues. I have issues, lots of them, but better to be honest, and open up to someone you trust, so you can work thru those issues together
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    To add there really isn't much help you can get online we gets an escape but if you really want things to get better professionals have those resources
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Tbh I have some confidence issues
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The internets for information life is forever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confidence is something I didn't have till my mid 20's, so don't worry, it will come. Just be yourself, and if others don't like it, F em! Your true friends will like you no matter. I was a chubby kid thru school and got teased all the time. Many nights I remember sitting in bed crying thinking about being teased at school. Even made excuses to Mom trying to get out of going to school.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I was teased for being skinny just as bad as larger people do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I have few friends
    still skinny. and at 52 yrs old I still hear shit like "eat a sandwich!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be happy with those few friends larger groups are dangerous
    Bitch. I'll out eat most people any day. lol. I eat entire pizzas, chips, baked goodies, giant ass steaks, whatever. I eat all the time and never gain weight.
    Difference between now and being a kid & teen ios how I handle those people. lol. I used to let people walk all over me.
    Now its like. Eat a sandwich? Excuse me? Did I approach you and tell you how fucking ugly you are? No? Okay then. Buh buy now. lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I used to care what people thought of me, now, I could give two shits. You get what you get like it or leave it!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can call me ugly we know already
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Please talk to family about it, no reason to be ashamed, we all have issues in life. I bet your brother has had the same feelings as you at some point, he would relate. Not doing anything or asking for help only makes things worse.
    Not only have I always been tall and skinny, Ive also had vitiligo since I was an early teen. It really sucks in the summer time as it sticks out liker a sore thumb. Large white patches all over my body including my face. Most of my original pigment color is gone.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe look into local mental health centers also it's been more normalized as a second primary doctor these days
    Again, even at 50+ i hear shit. Like "What happened to your face?"
    So i've known about confidence issues my entire life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If anything I think it's cool to be weird, or as I see it Original, fuck that trying to be like everyone else or look like the fad/style of everyone else. I may may seem like you want to fit in with the crowd, but when you get older, you will see, it's ok to be out of the crowd.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I don't like being autistic
    Always remember that how others treat you is a reflection of who THEY are as a person, not of how you are.
    +1
    My grand daughter is autistic. And incredibly brilliant at 7 yrs old.
    They said she can ship a grade, possibly 2, because shes "gifted". She scored higher in some tests recently than the lady has seen any other kid test in her 20 years here.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: They said she can ship a grade, possibly 2, because shes "gifted". She scored higher in some...