Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ5 Kernel 2.0 RC9 (11th of December)
A few more game fixes
ez5fam_ref.png

A quick update from the EZTeam to the 2.0 kernels used by the EZ5 (all models) bringing a trio of game fixes: Zelda both US and Eu versions should now be working properly (see note in changelog) and the recent Kamonohashi Kamo: Aimai Seikatsu no Susume. In case you missed it RC8 was released about 3 days back which you can read about in the GBAtemp RC8 news post.

Changelog said:
Fixes for:
4526 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - USA
4535 - Kamonohashi Kamo: Aimai Seikatsu no Susume - JPN
4543 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks- EUR

Note: Zelda saves will all need to be converted with the tool linked at the end of the post unless you are starting the game for the first time.

icon11.gif
EZFlash.cn thread (Chinese language)
icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
download.gif
EZ5 Kernel 2.0 RC9 filetrip download
download.gif
Zelda save converter tool
discuss.png
Discuss

Thanks to Mbmax for the news.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damn i need to get one of these i think its updating the fastest even acekard doesnt have the spirit tracks EUR fix yet not that i need the EUR rom but still... its nice to seededicated teams

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that was so fast!!!! i saw the R8 update like only the other day and this one already came out!!!!
EZ FLASH ROCKS!!!!!!
bow.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ame16787 said:
that was so fast!!!! i saw the R8 update like only the other day and this one already came out!!!!
EZ FLASH ROCKS!!!!!!
bow.gif

They only updated again because of the Zelda game since it still didn't work in R8. So they had to update once again ASAP.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
Ame16787 said:
EZ FLASH ROCKS!!!!!!
bow.gif

They only updated again because of the Zelda game since it still didn't work in R8. So they had to update once again ASAP.
But still if you notice there one of the fastest teams right you cant deny that but i dont plan on getting one when my acekard does all the same without the extra features
wink.gif

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry but i can't judge since i never tryed any other flascards! still my point is that they are a very dedicated and active team and you get proof of that when you see updates pop out like rabbits!!!

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People were losing their saves later in the game (although it was a bit hit and miss as to who would) RC9 fixes this but you must convert the save with the tool provided.
People starting Zelda on RC9 should be OK and as the EU version only just got added that should be fine too.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Release Candidate 9? Seriously?

RC usually means the software is good to go and just needs to be tested a little more to ensure there aren't any major bugs.
unsure.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MaHe said:
Release Candidate 9? Seriously?

RC usually means the software is good to go and just needs to be tested a little more to ensure there aren't any major bugs.
unsure.gif

It pretty much is, but they're implementing game fixes to the older release candidates. They could have been going with RC4a and RC4b for those that have game fixes and then we'd probably still be on RC3. The core software is probably not changed much from RC6 or so since most of the updates have been these game fixes. They could call this the release but then next month when they need to put in another game fix they'll just be back to a new set of revision numbers. It's all an arbitrary system since they're not just writing their own code, but trying to keep up with the cat & mouse encryption/crack game.

Kind of like how USBLoaderGX is on a BETA revision number in the 800s now.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have added the version 1.01 of the Zelda save tool. Now it can convert any zelda ST saves from any flashcarts into RC9 compliant format.

Thanks EZ team !

Enjoy!
grog.gif

pmul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I'm using a DSi with a Kingston 4Gb card. RC9 hangs on a cold start, (i.e. from the power off state), it stops at the blue boot screen.
If I go back to the DSi menu with via the power button, then it starts properly.
RC7 did not have this behaviour.
Anyone got any ideas?

Cannonman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pmul said:
Hi,
I'm using a DSi with a Kingston 4Gb card. RC9 hangs on a cold start, (i.e. from the power off state), it stops at the blue boot screen.
If I go back to the DSi menu with via the power button, then it starts properly.
RC7 did not have this behaviour.
Anyone got any ideas?
heyn i had the same problem it may be your sd card i had to change mine to get it to work with RC9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn