Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ5 Kernel 2.0 RC5 (7th of September 2009) release
Improvements to extra features
ez5fam_ref.png

The EZTeam have released RC5 of the upcoming 2.0 kernel for the EZ5 (all versions). It sees improvements to extra features like the game guide and savestates (realtime save), big refinements to the skinning abilities and a few cosmetic changes.

1. realtime save compatiblity improved
2. realtime gameguide now can read two guide file(see new walkthrough tool 1.1 instruction, tool is is download). eEch file handle a manual bookmark and an automatic bootmark, L key to save a manual BM, R key to read. left and right will jump 5 pages
3. skin.ini under ez5shell folder removed, simply add the named skin dat into skin folder. i.e, transfor.dat, name not long than 8 character.
4. mul_language.ini in lang folder removed, simply add the named language ini into lang folder. i.e. English.ini
5. Moonshell quick launch button- press the multimedia button (what used to be the help button) to launch moonshell 2 . Naturally you need moonshell installed on your EZ5 and it will warn you if you do not have it.

Oh and for the power concious some tests were done the other day and apparently the 2.0 line is more efficient than the 1.9 line among other things. Read more Here

The users that have reported on homebrew not working properly for the last few kernels the EZTeam is working on it but it did not make it into this release.

Finally since the last post a new skinning tool for the EZ5 was made called EZ Skin forger which you can read about here . It should have RC5 ability by the time you read this.

icon11.gif
 EZFlash US forums thread
icon11.gif
 EZFlash Chinese forums thread
download.gif
GBAtemp download
discuss.png
Discuss

Thanks to Mbmax for the heads up.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the news! It's nice to see the EZ-Flash team providing so many great updates, the EZ-Flash used to be one of my least favorite carts due to the agonizing load times but ever since the 2.0 kernel it's been great and all the improvements are making it one of my favorites now.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, this kernel 2.0 is going better and better.
Enjoy the new skin engine and powerfull ez skin forger editor.
EZ5 flashcarts are the only one in the market where skinners can decide where system's icons has to be on touchscreen.
This feature is soo cool.
cool.gif

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
The freedom you get in skinning will mean lots of amazing skins, imo.

One thing that annoys me is that you can delete files from the card when you're not paying attention.
If you press (x) instead of (a) to start a file and then press (a) without reading the text, it deletes the rom.
It never happened to me, but my nephews (6 and 8 year old) did it a few times already. Those 2 buttons are too close to each other.

Wouldn't it be better to change the key for deleting files to something else (eg. left shoulder+x or another combo)?
Why is that feature in there anyway, if ppl want to delete roms, they can do that on a computer and then add other roms while they're at it.

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
only glitch I'm having with it is when you turn on cheats/soft reset and boot animal crossing it says nintendo and then its just a black screen, great update though
biggrin.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How is the real time guide? Better/equal to Cyclo? As soon as they go official (and no bugs!) I will get me an EZFVi cuz that's what I want the most and I can get one easier than an AK, lol

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@duy64 sorry about that; simply rename one of the skin files found in "EZ5Shell\skin" to Lady.dat and try again (pokemon: pkmn.dat and skin.dat (the "stock" skin) are available as standard).

A minute or so after I this is typed I should have fixed the GBAtemp mirror.

Reasons:
The very first release had a picture of a lady (no nudity but close enough to offend someone somewhere) as a background, the EZTeam axed that version and I uploaded a new one. Alas the dat file was changed and it tried to load a non-existent skin giving you the error you saw.

I will also say thanks to FuriousD on IRC for bringing this up.

Apologies to all affected. If you also had the skin prior to about 22:30 (UK time) then you should be OK and anyone who downloads it in 7z form from GBAtemp should also be OK, the GBAtemp link also changed if someone shared it somewhere else.
Edit: Just got word the EZTeam fixed their link as well.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sure. Just use the walkthrough tool on your PC to build the .wlk file.
This file must have the same name than your game but with extension .wlk.
Copy it inside /RTSSAVE folder and enabled SR, RTS and IGG in Rom setting window.
L+R+A+B during game to acces to the in-game menu.
wink.gif

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
Sure. Just use the walkthrough tool on your PC to build the .wlk file.
Copy it inside /RTSSAVE folder and enabled SR, RTS and IGG in Rom setting window.
wink.gif

Could you please give a link to said Walkthrough Tool
Thanks

Posts merged

QUOTE(Mbmax @ Sep 8 2009, 06:19 PM) Sure. Just use the walkthrough tool on your PC to build the .wlk file.
wink.gif

Could you please give a link to said Walkthrough Tool
Thanks

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This version the loader breaks Scribblenauts so don't upgrade if you plan on plaging it. Wait until the next RC (hopefully).

amaliaj23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif
eurgh!!!!so much drama with my dsi lately!bought an ez flash because my ttdsi got blocked with the 1.4
so all was fine with it for a week and installed the latest kernel.but today it FROZE!all it shows is a screen with EZ FLASH V on it and thats all.was fine upto this morning!i have been downloading ROMS off romulation.com and was fine too.but when i downloaded one this morning and after that the problems began.i have formatted my SD and re put everything back but no luck!Hope all this makes sense.can anyone plz help????
unsure.gif

lrwr14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have put the file on my ez but certain games don't work, but they do on my mates, i have 705 hardware and he has 805, could this be the reason games work for him?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated the interneal firmware and using this.
EZ-Vi doesnt even boot up... hang at loading screen.

Man its been worse than R4's. I have all flashcarts and I really would rate this one as the worst...
tried 3 samples so far with different microSD's and I must say "STAY AWAY FROM EZ Vi!!!!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1