EZ5 kernel 2.0 rc2 29th June 2009 and EZ5i update

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by FAST6191, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2009
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    EZ5 kernel 2.0 rc2 29th June 2009 and EZ5i update
    returning features and bugfixes
    [​IMG]

The EZTeam have released kernel 2.0 for the EZ5 (all versions) and a updated firmware for the EZ5i (more on that below), this is mainly a bugfix release albeit some major ones but it does see the return of delete, copy and move file features to the loader.

[​IMG]Games fixed in EZ5 kernel 2.0 rc2 (anti piracy checks)
    [​IMG]DS #3872: Tago Akira no Atama no Taisou Dai 2 Shuu - Ginga Oudan Nazotoki Adventure (Japan)
    [​IMG]DS #3873: Tomodachi Collection (Japan)
    [​IMG]DS #3874: Tago Akira no Atama no Taisou Dai 1 Shuu (Japan)

EZ5i firmware update
    The EZTeam also released an updated firmware (also known as the core loader, internal firmware and similar names) for the EZ5i bringing it up to v8, this aims to fix problems some users with the 2.0 kernels.
    Simply download the file, place it on the root of the memory card you are using and launch it from the loader before following the on screen instructions.
    The EZTeam recommend that the DS is fully charged at least, plugged into the wall is better.
    Users of older EZ5 models please ignore this.

[​IMG]EZFlash.cn thread (Chinese)
    [​IMG]EZFlash US forums thread
    [​IMG]GBAtemp download (2.0 rc2 kernel)
    [​IMG]GBAtemp download (v8 EZ5i firmware (only for EZ5i))
    [​IMG]Discuss

No cheats are included in the downloads but you can grab cheats from the GBAtemp cheat database.
    If you are new to this you want the ??_??_??_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip (the ?? changes with date) and once you have it extract the USRCHEAT.DAT file from the zip into the EZ5Shell folder.

Thanks to Sergio619 for the news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.