ez5 3in1 and the ds lite dust cover

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by miikes, Apr 28, 2007.

Apr 28, 2007
  1. miikes
    OP

Newcomer miikes Advanced Member

Philippines
    I'm planning on getting a new dslite since my sis is claiming my black dslite and supercardlite.

I'm thinking of getting a navy blue ds lite. I've been eying the ez5 3in1 to accompany my r4 especially since the patchers came about and I was wondering if I could somehow jam the 3in1 components in the blue ds lite's dust cover to match the system and even get that "same glossy feel" back again [​IMG]. has anybody done this before?

I was thinking of using a soldering iron to make room in the dustcover and using some plastic (or even a glue gun perhaps) to fit the components snug but I don't have an 3in1 to test it out.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    It wouldn't fit inside the DSL dust cover without some modding to the case. I guess you can try thin out the plastic to make room for it, but the screw on the 3in1 goes through the PCB, so that will be something to think of (I'm quite sure you will need to be able to make a new screw hole in the PCB for the standard placement of the screw (in the middle)

EDIT:

ALSO, using this picture:
    [​IMG]
    from the review [​IMG]

You can see that if you make a hole through the middle, you will hit the rumble motor. Try it anyway [​IMG]

EDIT: To avoid this problem you can use glue I guess

3. miikes
    OP

Philippines
    I never though about looking at the review for the pics [​IMG] thanks

Now if I could just see the other side... O_O

looks as though I'm going to have to do some filing here and there. I can probably use some plastic cement from my model cars to fuse the plastic and not have to screw it back in.

4. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    I'd advise using EZ4 Deluxe/Compact shell for this. You can get them cheap in many online shops. And 3-in-1 expansion IS based on EZ4. So, the shells are quite similar.

Anyway, if you have a navy blue DS Lite, the difference isn't that big of a deal. The black expansion pack would go nice with it.

5. miikes
    OP

Philippines
    I guess, but lets just say I'm a bit anal when it comes to matching colors [​IMG]

also, don't those dust covers stick out like point something of an mm? and where am I suppose to get me one of those? is anybody kind enough? [​IMG]

6. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    The EZ team has fixed this issue. According this image, it sits flush.

[​IMG]

I bought mine at Sky2k.com. Only $25 shipped for me [​IMG]

Linkage

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Gosh, and somebody told me that it didn't :S

8. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    This is EZ 3-in-1 expansion pack, not the EZ4 Deluxe/Compact. We're talking about shells from EZ4. EZ4 DOES stick out like a 0.5 mm or smth. Sand it down if you're that anal. There was actually a topic somewhere around about some one sanding down his card.