Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ5 2.0 "taste version"
Pre alpha of the 2.0 kernel.
ez5fam_ref.png

The EZTeam have released a so called "taste version" of the upcoming 2.0 line of the EZ5 kernel that uses the 2.0 line of moonshell as opposed to the older version it presently uses. It presently lacks the extra features like cheats, soft reset, savestates and the like (it is purely running the roms and saving)

Release notes
Compiled with moonshell2 code, the game patch engine has been rewritten: now it is fast booting and fast to launch games.

This version is a taste version, as such it only has game running and save functions with nothing else (no cheats, soft reset, savestates, in game text) But it is really fast.

The cheat engine and realtime save engine are in the process of being rewritten too.. 2.0 final is sure to be something worth waiting for.

Caution!!!! backup your valuable data before using this taste kernel.

icon11.gif
EZFlash Chinese forums post
icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
download.gif
EZFlash.cn download
download.gif
GBAtemp download
discuss.png
Discussion

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did some testing and it has some problems with homebrew right now (some works, some does not).
This being said it is very fast compared to the older loaders, looking at about 8 seconds from hitting the power button to being in a game.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is based on moonshell2 and thus contains GPL code requiring them to release the source code. This will likely make moonlight angry and all moonshell2 work will be stopped. Good going ezflash you chinese bastards.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normmatt said:
This is based on moonshell2 and thus contains GPL code requiring them to release the source code. This will likely make moonlight angry and all moonshell2 work will be stopped. Good going ezflash you chinese bastards.

SuperCard DS One is also Moonshell based.............

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
HtheB said:
Normmatt said:

SuperCard DS One is also Moonshell based.............

SuperCard DS One use very old moonshell (1.41)

You can find source code on SC Download page.
http://down.supercard.cn/download/moonshell15_src.rar

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds pretty cool. Finally might put my EZ5 into action
smile.gif

But ezflash seem to be forever releasing beta or buggy firmware...

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet...can't wait for my EZflash Vi to get here!

Hopefully all the "problems" can be sorted out soon .
unsure.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:

Oh, take out the racist comments. You wouldnt even have a flash cart if it werent for these "chinese bastards".

Granted, you're very right. moonlight is bound to be pissed again.

edit: Still, I'm glad to see an update in firmware. They really needed to update to the new moonshell...theirs was just way too old. I'll be trying this out as soon as I get home.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
niu said:
SuperCard DS One use very old moonshell (1.41)

You can find source code on SC Download page.
http://down.supercard.cn/download/moonshell15_src.rar
Sources are also available for the EZ5 kernel and the ez 3in1 : Here

For me this kernel is just a proof of concept to show ez-flash users that the team is also working on next kernel based on moonshell 2.00.

I have to admit that this kernel is really very fast compared to k1.90 based on moonshell 1.71.
yaynds.gif

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a try on my v1 EzV, it's nice looking, and works fast, but there are some things to remember, this is only more of a preview, than something you can actually use. It supports no media playback, has no button functionality(can't access a system menu or anything), and it's locked to using the D-pad and A button to choose a game instead of the touch screen (selection screen is still on top), not to mention, the touchscreen controls aren't there either (they're just using the wallpaper from the previous kernel, the graphics mean nothing). It does load really quick, and the scrolling is smooth. One lats thing to mention is the brightness is locked on the highest setting with this one.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the first time I've used my ez5 plus in a long time (before the open betas i think).

Anyways, i formatted a 4GB Kingston microSDHC and chucked these firmware files on to try them out.

Unfortunately it freezes on this loading screen

QUOTE said:
EZ5Kernel test version

Now loading....

Am i missing some firmware files?
Does the bootloader need to be updated (wiki seems to indicate that i don't)?
MicroSD incompatible? Do i need to try the older DLDI file?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The EZ5 Plus bootloader is already compliant with the ez5sys.bin file so you don't have to update it.
In fact the ez5upldr.bin that came with kernel 1.70 is only compatible with ez5 v1 and v2 NYE, so don't try to flash this on your EZ5 Plus. Same advice for the EZ5i.

Now concerning the problem you encounter, perhaps you might give a try to panasonic formatter with option Full erase ON and adjust size ON ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse