FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was posted but was pulled as it had some issues to be fixed, this is just to let people know it is coming (tomorrow if the translation is accurate)

EZ5 1.90 open beta 9
[link removed]

resetsp update to3438.
fixed
3354 - Destiny Links - ???? - JPN
3378 - Hidamari Sketch: Dokodemo Sugoroku x 365 - JPN
3397 - Shining Force: Feather - ????:?? - JPN
3423 - Blue Dragon Plus - ??PLUS - USA
3430 - Bomberman 2 - ???2 - EUR

kernel:
1.improved realtime save compatibility
2.fixed the anti-piracy patch lost after press L+R+SELECT+START
3.fixed DQ5 USA and EUR

The EZ5i also gets an internal update.
EZ5i firmware update [link removed] ONLY FOR EZ5i. users which encounter the random freeze with some brand SDHC card.
download and extract to microsd, run from EZ5 mainmenu. follow the screen instruction.

NOTE: this is not a loader update. it update the main logic control code of the CPLD chip. power off during update progress will brick your EZ5i

US forums thread:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13865 (download links will not work).
Chinese forum thread
http://www.ezflash.cn/bbs/cgi-bin/topic.cg...c=50&show=0

Early word from ccosmos/mbmax is real time save is far better.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
great to hear
smile.gif

my ezvi keeps freezing when trying to use l+r+a+b+x+y in DQv us rom

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's better to wait for a stable release. I'm just happy the issue is being addressed. I have a Kingston SDHC microSD card that likes to lock up when I playback DPG video and some DS games.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
K1.90OB9 and EZ5i firmware v5 are available on the new Chinese board
Yesterday a user on sosuke forum who has done the ez5i firmware told us that this firmware has fixed all his freezing problem but also the rumble on his ez 3in1.
wink.gif

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm using the one posted yesterday, but I just realized that both the cancelled and the new one have the same ez5sys.bin (last modified 26/02/2009 10:05 am). This is the file that is causing the problem. I tried the new resetsp.bin with the 1.90 open beta 8 and DQIV works fine.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried with last resetsp.bin under k190OB9 ?
What parameters have you checked in user window (SR, IS, IGG, cheat ARDS or CHT ...) ?

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes i tried with that. I downloaded it from GBAtemp's homepage. But as i said the problem is not with the
resetsp.bin, but with the ez5sys.bin. DQ IV works fine with the OP8's version of this file, and it doens't with OP9's. The ez5sys.bin from both the cancelled and new version of OP9 seems to be the same. I checked the last date and time of modification, and CRC32 from WinRAR (i really don't know what this CRC32 is, but i don't think it's a coincidence that they match).
I hope you can undertand this, and if not i could write it in Spanish in a much better way.
Thank you!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry it's English speaking on GBAtemp.
wink.gif

Just tried 2673 under k1.90OB9 (resetsp2009031) and it works. tested with Softreset ON and OFF.

What exactly happen when you launch it ?

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Lunch rom --> black screen
I just tested both the american and european version. The american (2673) works ok, but the european (2642) doesn't.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok i will test the european one.
But in most of the case, black screens are because of the softreset enabled.
Have you tested with SR off ? (touch the orangle circle, field softreset OFF and [save]).

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, i know. But it's on the right way because previous one was really bad.
The optimization of this feature is on the TODO list so be sure it will be available and stable in final release.
We are still here in beta stage Tanas. Don't forget this.
smile.gif

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ccosmos said:
Ok i will test the european one.
But in most of the case, black screens are because of the softreset enabled.
Have you tested with SR off ? (touch the orangle circle, field softreset OFF and [save]).
I've already tried that, and it's not a SR issue.

So ccosmos you are a member of the EZ team?? This is really good, especially now that the EZ forums are down.
Do you know if the real time guide will be improved? It does work, but it has some problesm. The more anoying one is that it cuts the words at the end of a line and the text looses its format. And the other thing is that you have to enable RTS to use it, so it creates a 5mb file which I don't use.

Thank you for your time!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not an ez team member. I'm just a long date user of their product probably like FAST6191 is.
smile.gif

Concerning bug report, don't hesitate to post something on the ezflash forum at sosuke.com.
Open Beta release are here for that.
wink.gif

And about EZ flash forums, the Chinese forum has already been migrated to another host.
Same will happen very soon about ezflash.sosuke.com. mjzhosting seems to be a dead company now.

So please wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol