Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ez5logo.gif
EZ5 1.90 open beta 10 and resetsp.bin update
Big game fixes and a soft reset update
ez5fam_ref.png

The EZTeam have released open beta 10 of the EZ5 1.90 kernel line, all carts in the EZ5 range should be able to use this although it is worth mentioning the EZ5i/EZVi will still need 1.90 open beta 6 or higher. It features several game fixes and a new so called mode2 soft reset.
Regarding mode 2 soft reset you now have 3 options for soft reset; off, on and mode2, mode2 is used to support games not yet included in the resetsp.bin and while it should work for most games it should not be considered 100% compatible.

rte-ok.png
Compatibility Fixes with EZ5 kernel 1.90 open beta 10 and assorted extras
Game fixes - 1.90 open beta 10
3.gif
NDS #2642 - Dragon Quest 4 (Europe)
1.gif
NDS #3369 - Mario and Luigi RPG3 - (Japan)
16.gif
NDS #3498 - Princess Maker 4: Special Edition - (Korea)
2.gif
NDS #3517 - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - (USA)

Resetsp.bin updated to

1.gif
NDS #3535 - Super Robot Taisen K (Japan)
Soft reset fixes for
16.gif
NDS #3498 - Princess Maker 4: Special Edition - (Korea)
1.gif
NDS #3516 - Bakumatsu Renka: Shinsengumi DS - (Japan)
16.gif
NDS #3527 - Draw Touch Spongebob - (Korea)

Also included are the fixes from the otherwise unmentioned 13th of March resetsp.bin update.
Updated to
1.gif
NDS #3513 - Simple DS Series Vol. 43 (Japan)
Soft reset fixes for
1.gif
NDS #3499 - Rittai Picross - (Japan)
2.gif
NDS #3504 - Avalon Code - (USA)
3.gif
NDS #3508 - Fashion Designer: High Fashion - (Europe)

A note on GTA.
Note if you want GTA on a stable kernel (for what it is worth the beta line runs DS games as good as the stable although there are still some fairly serious issues with file corruption when using the inbuilt the GBA/ 3 in 1 support) you will need to use a simple patch/hack or some other method to get it running.
Also unless you know what was done, how it was done and understand the process using prepatched roms is not advised; there have been multiple hacks with varying levels of success and several methods of doing things even then which can cause problems.
This also applies to the European release, the same hack from the link above should work on the European release.

icon11.gif
EZ5 updates thread on ezflash.cn forums (Chinese language)
icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
download.gif
GBAtemp download 1.90 open beta 10
download.gif
GBAtemp download resetsp.bin (18th March 2009) (Only for users of earlier kernels, it is included in open beta 10)
icon11.gif
Official GBAtemp Review of the EZ5 Plus (earlier versions lack SDHC and the EZ5i supports the DSi, at present no real differences otherwise)
discuss.png
Discuss

Thanks to niu for posting word of the update.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Take note. The quote above says "(for what it is worth the beta line runs games as good as the stable)", yet a reply in the same thread says this:

"Stay with stable kernel if you use GBA games. There is critical bugs in multi-rom mode but also in some cases in single mode. Saves dumped when you change to another GBA game are not at the right size (thanks to aphirst for the heads up)."

When I ran 1.90 a few betas ago it was really unstable to the point of writing garbage-named files at random places on my card. This isn't a criticism of the EZ-5 team. 1.90 really does have a lot of new nifty features. I'm more saying that these betas aren't for the faint-of-heart or the unwilling-to-backup.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Jdbye it was fixed earlier (the J and US versions too), this is a bugfix for the fix as it were.

@Perseid I probably should mention that, I will edit it when I get back.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perseid said:
When I ran 1.90 a few betas ago it was really unstable to the point of writing garbage-named files at random places on my card. This isn't a criticism of the EZ-5 team. 1.90 really does have a lot of new nifty features. I'm more saying that these betas aren't for the faint-of-heart or the unwilling-to-backup.
FAT corruption is fixed since open beta 5.
For the story, Open Beta 4 was canceled because i have reported this bug.
So i advice people to backup their microSD and do a fresh format, copy back data if have never done that before.

Now concerning my warning in sosuke forum about GBA mode, it's already reported since OB5 but the last thing we have found, i and aphirst a sosuke forum user, is that when you switch to another game, current save is not entirely dumped so at last you don't lost your save until the part not dumped is overwriten.
Very nasty bug ...
nyanya.gif

This is also reported and will luckly be fixed in next OB.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tell us what is your microSD size/brand/ made in.
Also, what is your flashcart version ? ez5 v1, v2, NYE, Plus or EZ5i ?

Do you use clean dump ?
Cheat mode enabled ?

White/black screen at the start of a game is mainly a softreset issue, so just disabled it or try the new mode 2.
smile.gif

Russian_Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try another rom of Mario and Luigi and report soon)
I have EZFlash V+ and on 1.9 ob9 Mario and Luigi worked till chosing save slot... Now it doesnt work at all.
Ill will try again though
smile.gif
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM