:Master beyond your imagination:
OP
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Hi!

I was wondering if any of you might know which tool he's speaking of in this quote?

QUOTE said:
As for castlevania - POR it seems to be a speed issue which while it could be fixed using the patcher (some of the games code would have to be altered as opposed to the relatively simple stuff that tends to happen right now) however it is far easier to speed up the data reading:
use a high speed memory card, expensive but worth it
format using 64K clusters and defrag your card
remove the need for large amounts of data to be read: I have a version with the soundfile header edited to point to other files/sounds for the large demanding sections meaning only a little bit of data has to be read, naturally you lose some sound but I played it for several hours and never crashed while using a generic 512 Sandisk micro with no special format. I have some more testing to do but I will release a patch soon that should even work on all flashcarts.
- FAST6191

I have formatted my card with 64k clusters.
now I'm only trying to figure out what this patcher is.

anyone got a tip?
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is a patch (xdelta format) that I made to repoint the large wave sections of the soundfile into nothing thus making POR run smoothly (at least when used in conjunction with other speed techniques like 64 k clusters and no fragments).
Unfortunately I messed up and used the wrong version of the rom which meant it was little better than my original delete the troublesome sound section entirely tweak so I did not get around to releasing it. Then my computer broke.
However I fixed that machine and built a new one so I can redo it and release the patch (probably in the afternoon).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended