EZ4 write code released

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by FAST6191, Nov 11, 2006.

Nov 11, 2006

EZ4 write code released by FAST6191 at 9:57 PM (1,218 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Normally I would leave this to develop more and become a bit more complete but what the hey, with the aid of the new ImageView 1.4, cory1492 and a few others EZ4 write code has been made, I must stress this is pre alpha stage stuff but it has been tested quite extensively on the whole EZ4 line and nobody has reported any corruption (or failure to write) yet. If you do try it make sure to have a backup of any important data like saves.

Write code and source, a build or rein/rain, a build of DSorganise with EZ4 write support and a demo rom that copies files (in the write code zip) are available:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=2858
    I have tested all the demos and it seems to be working good.

Update: it seems DSFTP has also appeared.

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    WOW... You know I was waiting to give DSO a shot and such before I posted in this thread, but the amount of response to this thread is a bit disheartening. After all the "lack of homebrew support on EZ4" complaints, I'd have expected a little more excitment. :/

Anyway, after a few DNS issues and other things, I finaly tried Cory's DSO build and it's great. Nice freakin' work man!

Has anyone contacted Chishm about this write code? It would be great if he could use it to add EZ4 support to his FAT lib. [​IMG]

3. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Great work guys [​IMG]

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Awesome!
    now, can anyone tell me if comicbook ds works with ezflash4 ?

5. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I downloaded the sample files from the CBDS web page, and the "La Vie De Norman.ds.gba" file works just fine on my EZ4. I can't be bothered to create my own files because I don't want to install MSNet and the PAFS that supposedly works w/o it doesn't... Work I mean.

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    awesome, thanks man!

7. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Chishm will only add devices that wont conflict with currently added ones... EZ4's unlock seems to break others unlocks so I haven't bothered to toss it ahead.

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Most unfortunate. [​IMG] Thanks and nice work, though. [​IMG]

9. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What causes it to break the others? Is it because the code isn't optimized?

10. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If they are all included at the same time, trying to boot one card will halt a FAT init of a different card. My only guess is that some of the hardware commands overlap each other for certain cards, so that some sort of much better hardware detection would be needed than simply tossing commands at the cards until it happens to unlock.

Infantile has worked around this by including the windows tool to alter (create, sort of) the final binary (by changing a single string), that way its specified within the binary exactly which card (and only that card) to try and unlock.

11. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I noticed that when using infantile's homebrew. They always note what card you use. That's not in the offical FatLib? Pretty interesting, well hopefully it will get settled soon enough. Nice work!