Hacking EZ4 + Wine

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi!!!!! I am reeaaaaally druuuuunk cause I draaank a looot of wiiine, and I've to set up some easy floor...
Just kidding!

I am a proud Ubuntu 12.10 user! I already know how to patch roms using the EZ-client, problem is I don't have Windows installed in my machine and have no intention of installing it.

The solution I came up with was installing Windows in a Virtual Machine, so I can transfer the unpatched rom to the VM patch tranfer it back to Ubuntu put it on the SD card. This solution works, but after doing this a few times, I found it rather tedious.

I tried running the EZ4_Client using Wine but it just give some error like "This program has found a fatal error and needs to be closed" (best translation I could guess). Anyone have a clue if it is possible to mix Wine and driving drugs kids EZ4?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ4client requires something mapped to the D :\ drive (easy enough to map something with WINE) or you to edit the internals of EZ4client to tell it to expect another drive that is not D :\ (it is 1am so I will have to leave it to you to search for- kuwanger was the one that came up with the fix so add his name to the search term).

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested both option, the EZ4 Client only worked with wine when I mapped the only the C:\ and D :\ drives and nothing more than that. Even than, it crashed later when I selected the file I wanted to patch it crashed.

The GBATA worked like a charm and I just patched Final Fantasy Tatics Advance and waited a LONG time until the game finally let me make the first save after what was possibly the longest introduction I've ever seen in a portable game (and my gba battery was getting weak). Good news is, the save worked after I rebooted my gba (Phew!)

Thanks for the help, both of you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end