ez4 will not load more than 80 roms

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by wtfman, Aug 11, 2006.

Aug 11, 2006
  1. wtfman
    OP

Newcomer wtfman Member

United States
    i have an ezflash4 but it will not load more than 80 roms. i have 99 roms in my minsd. does anyone have the same problem?

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I don't think I've ever put that many images on the SD I use for my EZ4, but I've never seen this problem. I suspect though that the obvious solution is to make a couple folders, or more if need be, on your SD and put no more then 80 ROM images in each.

3. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

Member TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

United States
    I had this same issue when using EZ4 on my GBA. Splitting up the folders helps, but be careful with saves. Even if you split up ROMS into folders, the SAVER folder has the same issue with over 80 or so .sav files and the ones after 80 will be corrupted and not readable. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

4. wtfman
    OP

Newcomer wtfman Member

United States
    yea i realize the problem with the saver even if i put the roms in another folder

i really hope the ez team will address this issue
    this is particularly upsetting considering i have a 2GB miniSD and only using it to store GBA roms lol

5. mrekli

Newcomer mrekli Member

United States
    It's probably the limitation of FAT16.

6. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    How would it be? Windows-based HDs were FAT16 at one time. It's a limitation of the card's reader.

With that said, why you need 80 roms is just baffling. you'll never play all of them... you play even fewer to completion.

7. antihaxer

Newcomer antihaxer Advanced Member

United States
    I have had no problems with my EZ4 Lite at all. It has ran every rom perfectly for me. I have not had a problem with the more than 80 roms thing but why have 80 + games!?

8. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

Member TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

United States
    Well I use my EZ4 with my Micro, and it's nice just having a ton of games always with me and not have to worry about switching any out. I almost never take the EZ4 out of the Micro