EZ4 pics in GBM

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by simpson17, Jun 25, 2007.

Jun 25, 2007

EZ4 pics in GBM by simpson17 at 10:43 PM (2,869 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. simpson17
    OP

Member simpson17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Before I bought my EZ4 I wanted to see a few pictures of it, however I couldn't find any pictures of it inside of a Game Boy Micro. Also I was a bit skeptical about the size as it looked like it was a little bit bigger than an actual gba cartridge, and I saw a post of someone else concerned about this to inside of their micro, and the response they got was that if it was any bigger than a gba cartridge at all, it was only by about .7mm. When my EZ4 arrived however I was happy to see it fit flush.

I uploaded all my images to flickr.com and they can all be enlarged by viewing my flickr profile -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9311831@N07/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9311831@N07/show/

[​IMG]
    This is everything my EZ4 came with. Thanks to gamersection.ca crappy shipping I didn't even receive a box for my EZ4 and the corner of it where the miniSD card goes in was cracked, luckily the cart still works fine and its only an ugly cosmetic thing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    As you can see the EZ4 is pretty damn close to the actual size of a gba cart (it fits perfectly flush however)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see it fits perfectly flush inside the GBA.

If you visit my flickr page you can see all the photos enlarged. There are some photos of the menu in there, but their all of shoddy quality (I might take pictures of the menu in my DSL). I will try to upload some better quality images later on. One thing I was kind of suprised to see was that everything wasn't alphabatized right away. I remember this was the same way it was with my supercard however, and the problem is quickly solved by using fatsort.

http://hem.passagen.se/chsw/FATSort.html

Also I am using a Phoenix Wright skin for my menu which can be downloaded here (6th post)

Edit - I've taken some pictures of the menu and here they are -

[​IMG]
    This is the first screen you will be greeted with when starting up the EZ4 (besides the screen writing the save to your memory card). When you press the "A" button with the first icon selected, the file manager will start.

[​IMG]
    This is the first folder inside the file manager, it takes you to the route of your memory card.

[​IMG]
    I have my roms divided up into letter groups alphabetically, because there is a limit of only viewing 80 files at a time.

[​IMG]
    Here is a shot of the beginning of my rom list in the "A-F" folder. Most of the file names are visible at first glance, however some of the longer names are not completely visible but this shouldn't be too much of a problem. For example, the game
    Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising (UA).gba
    only
    Advance Wars 2 - Black
    is visible at first glance. However when highlighting this file the rest of the name quickly becomes visible and scrolls from right to left.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Seems like the menu is well laid out. Is the micro's screen easy to see, from say, 15 inches away?

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Thanks for this [​IMG]

4. simpson17
    OP

United States
    yeah the screen is really sharp and clear, its jus i have a pretty shitty camera I was taking pics with, and it can't make out the LCD too well. I wear glasses and have about 20/90 vision and hate to wear my glasses, and I have no problem at all seeing the screen w/o my glasses.

5. fuctfuct

Member fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm pretty sure your limited to 80 saves as well .. They all go into the same dir so you can have more then 80 games in diff folders but as soon as you save 80 games everything goes crazy [​IMG]

6. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I have the same set-up [​IMG] I just need to get my EZ4 back from my friend [​IMG] (I've been letting him borrow it)

I can take some high-res pics of you'd like, with detailed menus and everything... Should I?

7. fuctfuct

Canada
    Why not? [​IMG]

Just got the SD card for my new EZ4. I'm running EZ4loader070315-RESET since I couldn't get the NoDS version to skin.

I like everything about the cart other then the lame saving at restart .. Such an annoying way to implement saving. After Playing around with it a bit. It is now the main reason I decided against the EZ5 for my DSL.

Some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    NIce, i really like it..ill definetely get the EZ 4 now.
    i thought the screens were lame but theyre not

9. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Sorry for asking but how do I change the skins for the GBA loader? Also, I noticed that playing about with some of the settings in the NDSloader, some of the words are still in chinese. Is this normal?

10. fuctfuct

Canada
    You use this tool to skin the loader. Then put it on the root of your card and hold R at boot to update.

I haven't seen the DS loader but the GBA has a few things that are still in Chinese. *shrugs*

I might be selling mine.

11. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Yes it's normal. There are a couple things that show up in both English and Chinese despite any language settings you may have chosen.

12. noige

Newcomer noige Newbie

United States
    What is the maximum storage capacity? Is it microSD like the EZflashV?

13. 4saken

Australia
    The version they are using is the mini SD EZIV, which fits flush in the GBA slot (except for the DS Lite)

14. fuctfuct

Canada
    Remember you can only have 80 games regardless of the size of your MiniSD [​IMG]

15. 4saken

Australia
    Isn't it just 80 maximum while viewing files? Why did the thread creator split it alphabetically then?

16. fuctfuct

Canada
    I don't think he knows.

I have only read this on the EZ forums. I haven't tested it myself yet. The most i have had on it is 33.

17. simpson17
    OP

United States
    i have about 170 games on mine and they all run fine.

18. fuctfuct

Canada
    Cool.. I just sold mine hehe