EZ4 patch update 20th November 2008

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by FAST6191, Nov 20, 2008.

Nov 20, 2008
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    EZ4 patch update 20th November 2008
    Fix for 2949 - Chrono Trigger (J)
    The EZTeam have updated the patching dll responsible for the EZ4 line of flash carts (earlier lines can also use the software to boost compatibility).
    This release fixes 2949 Chrono Trigger (J) (note the game also featured English text).

[​IMG]

[​IMG] EZFlash.cn thread (Chinese language)
    [​IMG] EZFlash US forums thread
    [​IMG] GBAtemp download

EZ4 Client (2008-11-01)
    [​IMG] GBAtemp download

Download this and use replace the EZ4patch.dll with the one from the download above if you do not already have a copy. If it says the game is not in the database either ignore it or run the bundled name list updating application to make a new list.

2. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    :wtf:?! They beat team cyclops to the punch? Incredible! Hoping for this to blow up all over the other cards as well.

Kudos to EZTeam for this!

(And to "Narin And Tha Boyz®" for the AR codes that were released the same day [​IMG])

3. FAST6191
    OP

pip
    United Kingdom
    @WildWon I am sure you know but this is for the EZ4 (their old GBA slot cart), the EZ5 (their current DS slot one) was fixed yesterday:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116892

Still there is the likes of DSATM for when using codes for everyone else/those wanting a more permanent fix.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Wow, this is really great support! Yesterday, they were the first ones to fix Chrono Trigger. In the meantime there has only been an M3 Real update which fixed other games, and an unofficial AceKard R.P.G. update. Great work EZ-Flash Team!

5. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Wow that's some great support for such an old cart. I'm glad I didn't switch to other flashcarts.

Now I can play Chrono Trigger, yay. [​IMG]

6. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    Uhm I've been playing Chrono Trigger without any fix on my EZ4. All I did was run the list updater and I could play it. Or is there some kind of place in the game where the game breaks?

7. FAST6191
    OP

pip
    United Kingdom
    @Elrinth really? I will have to look into that (defeating a protection it fine but my aim now is to understand it).

Back on topic as I recall when you go through warps (and there are several throughout the game so you can not just use an emulator to bypass it) it never makes it to the other side and just goes into an infinite loop.