Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a bad feeling about this :

DSC04310.jpg

Everyday when I turn on my gba for the first time, my EZ asks me what is my language and tells me that in the first run the battery is dry.
After, I see this !

The game I put in the NOR is unreadable, I mean, I can launch it but as the name is quite unusual, it can't use the correct save.
If I erase and rewrite it, I have no problem to play it in the day, I can play other games too, everything is fine but, everyday I have to delete and put again the game in NOR and tell I want English...
blink.gif

I searched a bit in the sosuke boards but I didn't find something... Anyone have an idea ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen that one before (I was playing with the tetnus on drugs game for someone). I can not recall what I did though to get it and fix it. I have a feeling it was to do with bad headers and names (needs an 8:3 name).

Also that is an ancient loader (assuming you did not reskin it with the original one), try grabbing one of the hacked loaders from modulo (I suggest RESET: http://www.4shared.com/file/13462116/e3da1...rified=82bd34ea )

Dedale

OP
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
As you said FADT6191 you've seen that before and solved it, I think it's not a big problem but... I updated my EZ IV, I also tried with 8.3 names but I have the same issue...

I tried with some different games and every morning it asks me what language do I prefer, the name of the game in the NOR is wrong...
sleep.gif
'
Last evening I started to play Go Go Beckham (I think it's a pretty decent game though !) and switch off and switch on just after in order to be sure to have saved my game and it was but today the save has gone and it asks me to make a new game
wtf.gif

I'll try to put only one game on my miniSD card (Go Go Beckham !?) with a 8.3 format and the loader of the 25th July and I'll see ! If anyone have a lead, I take it !
bow.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What did you use to patch the game (I found the thread I had seen it in before and it turns out the patching did not work/was not done, basically use EZ4Client)?

Dedale

OP
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
I use the EZ4 client, I tried with RESET off, I let the patch option on...
I also rename the game to respect 8.3 norm, after I put it in the root of the miniSD, that's all I think.

Dedale

OP
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
I checked the games and the header is ok
wink2.gif

I really think it's material 'cause I can play without problem any game and it saves it after.

I can't understand why everyday the system "reset" itself. I mean EZ Flash IV system have a clock inside or his system bank can be erased as RAM for a computer ?
ninja.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You say everyday or is it every power cycle/power cycle with a bit of downtime inbetween?
The system settings are part of the battery backed SRAM which if it loses power then the settings follow.

If it is quick then the battery is low on charge, leave it powered and it should charge. If not it is battery replacement time.

Also what happens for more than one game on the NOR?

Also I do not know if the file is still around (you could just make one anyhow) but try writing 32 megabytes of 00's to the NOR.

Dedale

OP
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's really everyday, I mean when I wake up, it likes the first power on !

I have to admit I didn't try with several games in the NOR, at this moment I have Kingdom Hearth.

Another strange thing is when I see the game with weird characters, I can launch it...

How can I make a gba file with 00 ? I take a 32Mbit rom and replace with 00 ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
32Mbit is only 4 megabytes remember. 32 megabytes is what you want.

edit found my old file (took some digging that did):
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/files/EZ4/32megs.zip

As for the save if you do it when you wake in the morning then the battery has likely been powering the save for a while and is just low (and can hopefully then be charged).
If it does it "instantly" (over a power cycle) then the battery is dead (or badly connected)

Dedale

OP
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
I save before to sleep because if I forget to do it, in the morning the save goes away...
Same for this morning, English or Chinese ? Kingdom Hearth is renamed
frown.gif

I'll try the 32Megs of 00, by the way thank you for the file !

I don't think it's a power cycle problem because I don't need to charge the GBm to continue to use the linker and the saves work.
Maybe the linker is damaged, when I open the box I saw that :

DSC04092.jpg

Is it a possibility ? I'll check with gameyyyeah to see if they had any feedback and if it's possible to try a new one
wink2.gif

Dedale

OP
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to plug it for one entire day but the day after, I had the issue.
I sent an email to gameyyyeah and returned it. They sent me a new one and no problem now !
It remember the language and the game in the NOR ! \o/

Thanks guys
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night