EZ4-Lite Local WiFi Broken?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by zragnarok, Aug 22, 2006.

Aug 22, 2006
  1. zragnarok
    OP

Member zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I notice that i cannot play local WiFi games (not WFC) with other players when im using my EZ4-L... the games ive tried are Mario Kart and Animal Crossing... In Mario Kart, I can start or detect a Local game but cant join, in Animal Crossing, I can visit other peoples towns but it gets disconnected after about 5 minutes. I have no problems at all playing over WFC though... is this an isolated case or is this yet another problem with the EZ4?

I am trying to play with my friends who have retail carts... my DS is not flashed (using a Superkey)

2. zone97

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Please search, but to answer your question... Is your DS flashed? Is the others? If yous is and theirs is not. Then there is your problem. If none are flashed, could be that you are using roms and they are not (roms are not encrypted) the originals are.

3. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    ^

Anyway to encrypt ROMs? For the PS2, you can patch images with DNAS code so you could go online, anything of the same for DS?

4. zragnarok
    OP

Member zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States

i have already participated in those threads.... i actually helped you in another thread where you couldnt connect to WFC.... its not a flashme issue... its definately either my EZ4 is broken or its not supported, we have 3 DS Lites trying to play Mario Kart DS on Local WiFi

1. DS Lite with Retail cart (unflashed)
    2. DS Lite with Retail cart (unflashed)
    3. DS Lite with EZ4L/Superkey (unflashed)

when the DS Lite with the EZ4 tries to play with the other DS Lites, then there are connection problems, when the two DS Lites with retail carts try to play with each other, there is no problem. we also tried using the EZ4 in other DS Lites. WFC play has no problems at all between all 3, just on LOCAL WIFI

i know its not an issue of an encrypted rom trying to play with an unencrypted rom because i didnt have this issue with my old M3